Multiple test cases execution

Bibin Baby, modified 11 Years ago.

Multiple test cases execution

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/10/13 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am very new to Klaros test management system. I have recently installed your community edition and started using the same. I would like to appreciate your system, its one of the type of test management I wished to have for my project.

I would like to know if there is any option to execute more than one test case at a time. For example, Imagine the case when I know many of the test cases in my group of test cases are passed, so I would like to select those and change the status of the test cases to passed in one short. Please let me know if this is possible.

Best regards,
Bibin Baby.
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: Multiple test cases execution

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Bibin,

welcome to the Community, and thank you for your interest in Klaros-Testmanagement!

It is not possible to assign results from inside the application as you are suggesting. Multiple test cases may be executed by adding them to a test suite and executing it. This allows them to be executed one after the other.

Another possiblilty is to import test results from an external testing tool like JUnit etc. This allows multiple "known" results to be added to Klaros-Testmanagement in one step. The manual explains how test cases may be imported here.

If you know that some test cases will always be passed, it may be a good idea to set their state to "Skipped". Test cases with this state will automatically be skipped in test suite executions.

Regards,
Patrick
Bibin Baby, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/10/13 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your email.
Just for my understanding, I would like to know if there is any option for executing multiple at a time for enterprise users? or will this feature be added any time soon to Klaros?

Best regards,
Bibin.
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Bibin,

this is not possible in Klaros at the moment. Executing test cases from within Klaros is confined to manually following steps, or uploading result files from automated testing tools.

What is your use case for this request? It is always interesting to us to see how users wish to use Klaros-Testmanagement.

Regards,
Patrick