Redmine integration

Nikolay Kanchev, modified 6 Years ago.

Redmine integration

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/19/17 Recent Posts
Hello

We test Klaros TestManagement platform and we need Redmine integration.
I check the documentation and forum threads about Redmine integration but have a problem.

Used version:
Klaros-Testmanagement Community Edition 4.7.1 - Build 1182
Redmine 3.4.0
Mylyn Connector plugin - tested with (https://github.com/yukoff/redmine_mylyn_connector) and (git://github.com/yukoff/redmine_mylyn_connector)

I have REST enabled in Redmine and "klaros" user is added to used Redmine project.

When I try to connect I receive this error:
ERROR    09:59:36    Redmine authentication failed (unknown user name or wrong password).
ERROR    09:59:36    Unexpected error: net.sf.redmine_mylyn.core.RedmineStatusException: net.sf.redmine_mylyn.api.exception.RedmineApiHttpStatusException: Unexpected status code - 404 Not Found

I use HTTPS for access to Redmine - is this can be a problem?
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 6 Years ago.

RE: Redmine integration (Answer)

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Nikolay,

it seems that the server on which the redmine installation is running uses a self signed certificate.

The Java-Installation that Klaros-Testmanagement uses doesn't trust this certificate (yet), so you first need to import it into the Java certificate store of trusted certificates. This can be accomplished with the keytool -import command:

https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation.html#User-Manual.Installation.SSL

Regards,
Fabian

RE: Redmine integration

Hi Fabian

Yes I use self sign certificate for Redmine. I follow your sugestion to import the certificate to Java cert store but the same error appear again.
After this I get certificate from LetsEncrypt and try whit it but I have the same error.
Now I search simple Java HTTPS connect tool only to be sure that the certificates are trusted for Java.

While doing this I have a question:
If there somebody who can confirm that Mylin plugin is working with Redmine 3.4.0 or newer.

Edit:
I found simple example for Java HTTPS connection tool and now I receive Redmine login screen though HTTPS without certificate error.
When I try to onother server with self sign certificate that is not part of trust store of Java there is a errors.

RE: Redmine integration (Answer)

I found the problem.
Because I try with different Mylin plugins the last one that I install create folder "redmine_mylyn_connector-master" but the plugin must be in "redmine_mylyn_connector" folder. After I remane the folder I can succesfuly connect to Redmine and create new issue.

The comment of Fabian about self sign certs is good point.
I think my main problem was Mylin plugin but after that I would difinitely hit the cert problem.
If you use HTTPS and self sign certificates you should add them to Java trust cert store.

Thanks for your help Fabian

Best Regards
Nikolay
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Nikolay,

awesome, I'm glad that I could help you!

Best Regards,
Fabian
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 1 Year ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Quick reminder: As of Klaros version 4.12 the native Redmine API is used and the installation of a Redmine plugin is no longer required.