Trac Issue Reporting NullPointerException

Chris McKee, modified 11 Years ago.

Trac Issue Reporting NullPointerException

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 10/24/12 Recent Posts
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with reporting issues using Trac as the issue management system. I was able to configure Klaros to use Trac and everything seemed to go OK, but I always get a NullPointerException when I try to report an issue using Trac.

I've read the other posts and I've checked to ensure that my XML-RPC permissions are allowed for 'anonymous' with no luck. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem in the forum so I'm out of ideas. I've attached server logs and screenshots to help anyone who might have suggestions.

Environment Information
Trac 0.12 (ps.polargeomatics.com/trac)
Klaros 3.6.12 build 212 (ps.polargeomatics.com:18080/klaros-web)

Thanks in advance,

Chris
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: Trac Issue Reporting NullPointerException

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Chris,

guessing from the stack trace - could it be that you have no versions defined yet in your trac project?

Hope this helps,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

This was the problem but the solution isn't exactly what I was hoping for. The version field was disabled and not used in Trac because it is't a field that we're interested in. (We use a custom text field for build instead). Additionally, the milestone field is a field that we only allow project managers to set. Is it possible to configure Klaros to omit these fields from the submission template?

Thanks,

Chris
thumbnail

Hi Chris,

thanks for confirmation. It's clearly a bug that disabled version lists are not handled correctly, a fix will be available in version 3.7 (available next week) which also adds support for custom fields in Trac.

Regarding the assignment right for the milestone field we will have a look on the implemented behavior in the XML-RPC connector interface which will basically dictate if this setting will be honored correctly.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

We actually use a combination of Trac plugins to hide the Milestone field for new tickets and then restrict edit ability to users who are of the "MANAGER" role. I think this scenario is too specific to reasonably expect Klaros to support. I can live with that, but I'm glad to hear that you are addressing the disabled version.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Chris
thumbnail

Hi Chris,

Klaros 3.7 has now been released with support for custom issue fields in Trac.

Please let me know if this remedies your problem with the disabled version field.

Regards,

Torsten