install klaros in my own tomcat

jason madrigal, modified 11 Years ago.

install klaros in my own tomcat

Youngling Post: 1 Join Date: 8/28/12 Recent Posts
Hi

I have downloaded the installer for windows and I see that the installer create a new instance of tomcat 6 in the installation directory of klaros but I have my own tomcat where I put other java web applications wich are using by other people and I want to do this with klaros.
if I want to deploy the klaros app is only needed the .war file or it is necessary use the installer ?
it is possible deploy klaros on a remote tomcat instance ?
there are other files needed to do this ?

thanks
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: install klaros in my own tomcat (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Jason,

yes you can deploy the war file in another Tomcat instance without the need for additional files, although this is in no way officially supported.

As a heads-up please consider the following when doing so:

• Give enough memory to your Tomcat process (do not overlook the PermGenSpace requirements!)
  • Turn of session persistence in your Tomcat configuration. JBoss Seam prevents us from supporting this.
  • When using Tomcat versions beyond 6.0.32 you will trigger a bug in IceFaces 1.8.2 which invalidates your session even after a timeout has been received. This is ugly (you have to reload the page twice to login again) but is harmless otherwise.

So there are quite a few good reasons for distributing a bundled application here.

Hope this helps,

Torsten