Copy test cases over test project

thumbnail
Gianmaria Gai, modified 12 Years ago.

Copy test cases over test project

Padawan Posts: 26 Join Date: 4/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi,
if I have understood well it's impossible to copy test cases between projects.
Right?

Thanks.
Gianmaria
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Copy test cases over test project

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi again Gianmaria,

this functionality is available in Klaros-Testmanagement Enterprise Edition only. A trial license for the
enterprise edition can be requested here.

When using Klaros-Testmanagement Enterprise Edition, test cases can be copied between projects the project details page ( Maintain Projects -> Edit Project -> Copy Test Cases ).

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Patrick
thumbnail
Gianmaria Gai, modified 12 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 26 Join Date: 4/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi,
ok thanks for the reply.
Markus Nagel, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 6/26/12 Recent Posts
Hi
I am also interested in the functionality described. I have a trial enterprise Edition installed But the functionality is not possible for me. Here my method:
I have two projects. I want to copy testcases from one projekt to another. I activated a project. Then I edit the other project. I go to "copy test cases". I choose the other project as Source Project. It appears that there are 28 test cases. After choosing that project, the project disappears and there was no tastcases shown, which i could copy. What am I doing wrong? I understand the functionality wrong?
Many thanks for your help
Regards, Markus
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

are you using Klaros-Testmanagement 3.6.4? If not, you are most likely experiencing the effects of KLAROS-1645 (Transferring test cases between projects does not work correctly) which was fixed in version 3.6.4.

If you have any further questions, or if updating does not fix this, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Regards,
Patrick
Markus Nagel, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 6/26/12 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick
I'm using Enterprise Edition (Trial) 3.6.3 - Build 19 (2012-06-06 17:31:06 for evaluation purposes. This is an important feature that we need and it's good to know that the problem is solved in a newer version.
Thanks for the info.
Regards, Markus