Bugzilla 4.2 - new connection problem

thumbnail
Gianmaria Gai, modified 12 Years ago.

Bugzilla 4.2 - new connection problem

Padawan Posts: 26 Join Date: 4/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi,
I have installed the last klaros 3.5.4.
I know that now support Bugzilla 4.2 but I have found 2 big problems:

- I can't delete the iussue management ID on Configure area. Message error: "... It's referenced by test rsult ...". I was unable to open bug via Bugzilla in the past klaros version. No iussues was opened.
- When I create successfully an iussue I haven't a clear message of my action. The only thing that is changed is the ID.
- By default Klaros add in the description of the iussue a link. My case:
http://funzilla-new.funambol.com:18080/klaros-web/browse.jsp?type=testCase&uuid=70d132d3-7215-43cb-ade9-2278a6363e54
If I click on it I'm redirecting to Test case result page. Is It correct?
- In the test runs area summary, in the test case results and test suite result there is no evindence on the open bug. Could be useful understand if there are open bug. (I know that exist the Issues area)

Thanks.
Gianmaria
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Bugzilla 4.2 - new connection problem

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Gianmaria,

I can't delete the iussue management ID on Configure area. Message error: "... It's referenced by test rsult ...". I was unable to open bug via Bugzilla in the past klaros version. No iussues was opened.

I am not sure I understand you fully here.

By design you cannot remove an issue management systems for which issues are referenced by test cases or test results. This is regardless of the current issue state.

If you really need to remove an issue management system you have to delete all related issues in Klaros via the Issues by test case page. As issue managements systems are defined globally this may also include other projects as the current one.

When I create successfully an iussue I haven't a clear message of my action. The only thing that is changed is the ID.

Confirmed - the status message is not written here. Tracked as KLAROS-1582.

By default Klaros add in the description of the iussue a link. My case:
http://funzilla-new.funambol.com:18080/klaros-web/browse.jsp?type=testCase&uuid=70d132d3-7215-43cb-ade9-2278a6363e54
If I click on it I'm redirecting to Test case result page. Is It correct?

Yes, this is the back link into Klaros. Depending on what you did set in the project configuration properties at the 'Secured?' flag users will have to authenticate themselves to reach that page.

In the test runs area summary, in the test case results and test suite result there is no evindence on the open bug. Could be useful understand if there are open bug. (I know that exist the Issues area)

As we are not caching the issue information in the database polling the open/close state for every entry would have a big impact on rendering speed here. So we probably need additional user interaction for retrieving this information.

I opened KLAROS-1583 to track progress on this, since it is very desirable to have this as a feature.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Torsten Stolpmann:
I am not sure I understand you fully here.

By design you cannot remove an issue management systems for which issues are referenced by test cases or test results. This is regardless of the current issue state.

If you really need to remove an issue management system you have to delete all related issues in Klaros via the Issues by test case page. As issue managements systems are defined globally this may also include other projects as the current one.

Yes, the problem, probably due to the upgrade to the last version, is that I can't remove the iussue tracker with no issue opened.
Consider also that, regarding klaros, if I wanto to delete a iussue tracker I have to delete iussue, test runs connected, tes suite connetted.

Torsten Stolpmann:
Yes, this is the back link into Klaros. Depending on what you did set in the project configuration properties at the 'Secured?' flag users will have to authenticate themselves to reach that page.

Ok clear but cosider to be a developer. What do you want to see on the bug to understand the bug? Probably the test case or test data, but not the test result. Do you agree?

Thanks.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Yes, the problem, probably due to the upgrade to the last version, is that I can't remove the iussue tracker with no issue opened.
Consider also that, regarding klaros, if I wanto to delete a iussue tracker I have to delete iussue, test runs connected, tes suite connetted.

We verified that this a bug (KLAROS-1584). Should be fixed with the next update.

It would perhaps make sense to add a purge option in case an administrator really wants to get rid of the issue tracker instance.
On the other hand this may destroy historic information in projects, which we try to avoid in the general case.

Whats wrong with detaching the old instance from relevant projects?

Ok clear but cosider to be a developer. What do you want to see on the bug to understand the bug? Probably the test case or test data, but not the test result. Do you agree?

Actually I don't agree. I want more than a test description and test data input to analyze a bug (A log file, a screen shot, a description off what happened, who tested it and when, in which environment and with what version of the software) all which is or can be part of a test result.

The test case and all other relevant information is one click away on the result page, so I perhaps miss your point here?

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Torsten Stolpmann:
Actually I don't agree. I want more than a test description and test data input to analyze a bug (A log file, a screen shot, a description off what happened, who tested it and when, in which environment and with what version of the software) all which is or can be part of a test result.

The test case and all other relevant information is one click away on the result page, so I perhaps miss your point here?

Ok, two different point of view.
I'm reporting my actual situation probably very similar to other people.
We use a bugtgracker that for us is the bible. So on that everytthings is tracked: Environment, version by default and we add screenshot and log if required. So what a developer could see more is the test disign not the test result.
This behaviour couldn't happen if there isn't a bugtracker outside klaros. In this case I agree that all the things have to be reported on klaros.