Navigating to the next test case

Panda Kay, modified 12 Years ago.

Navigating to the next test case

Youngling Posts: 24 Join Date: 11/2/11 Recent Posts
It is possible to navigate to the next or previous test case in the current version, but this is based on the test case ID. The test case ID is incremented and not possible to change, understandably,

I suggest that it should be possible to navigate between the test cases in the order based on the filtered and sorted list of test cases, i.e. it should only be possible to navigate between the test cases visible in the test case list after filtering and in the order decided by the sorting.

I find this would make the arrows more useful and will be able to expect which TC will be next.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Navigating to the next test case

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi PandaKay,

There is one thing to consider: The details page is also accessible from other sections via hyperlinks where the test case list filter is not known and the filter may as well just exclude this very test case. On the other hand, this is indeed a very handy feature.

And it is also already part of our always growing, open improvement list (KLAROS-1237 - The test case navigation on the details page should respect the current filter and order options)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and please keep them coming!

Torsten