Jenkins and Klaros Automation

Charlie Beckett, modified 12 Years ago.

Jenkins and Klaros Automation

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 2/3/11 Recent Posts
Hi,
Firstly thanks for a great product.

Would it be possible to change the Jenkins Klaros Plugin so that it allows support for nunit ? If I tweak the config.xml (Jenkins plugin folder) and change the type to nunit, the reports seem to be logged into Klaros accordingly. Unfortunately if you change a project option in Jenkins, this soon gets reset back to JUnit and it fails (although it does report success in the console).

<hudson.plugins.klaros.KlarosTestResultPublisher>
<config>P00003</config>
<env>ENV00003</env>
<sut>SUT00001</sut>
<type>nunit</type>

Thanks.
thumbnail
Klaus Mandola, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Jenkins and Klaros Automation

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Charlie,

I created a feature request, "KLAROS-1326 Provide support for nunit in the Jenkins plugin", in our Jira, but
I cannot give a date for delivery yet.

Thank you very much for your input.
Regards, Klaus
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Jenkins and Klaros Automation (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Charlie,

we have looked further into implementing KLAROS-1326 but unfortunatly the changes for implementing this feature will require additional code on the Klaros side as well as on the plugin side, as the list of supported formats should not be hardcoded in the Jenkins Plugin.

So please have some patience here.

In the mean time you may want to either try to hack your own version of the Klaros Jenkins Plugin with a different hard coded result format (sources are available in the Jenkins SVN) or use the curl based approach as described in the documentation and enter this as an additional build step in the Jenkins job definition:

curl -v -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -T <test result file> \
'<klaros-application-url>/seam/resource/rest/importer?config=P00001&env=ENV00001&sut=SUT00001&type=nunit&time=23.05.2011_14:55'

I know this is far from being a perfect solution but may help you in the meantime.

Regards,

Torsten