Exit a running Testsuite

Nikolaus S, modified 13 Years ago.

Exit a running Testsuite

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/7/11 Recent Posts
Hello klaros team.

It would be nice, if it was possible to quit a running testsuite-test but get a testsuite-result an not only testcase-results.
What I'm after:
When a tester occurs an error that makes it impossible or absurd to complete the testsuite. When an error occurs in a testcase, he quit the testcase and the next testcase is about to start. To quit the suite he'd have to click cancel, but then there's no possibility to link or create issues for the testcase-results he already made in this suite. In order to get to the testsuite-run overview-page, he would have to skip through all remaining test-cases.

It would be great, if you could find a solution for this.

Regards,
- Nikolaus
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Exit a running Testsuite

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nikolaus,

just for clarification: what you are thinking of is a button 'Skip further execution' which skips executing all further test cases while allowing to review previous results, right?

If this is all, this should be fairly easy to implement. We already have scheduled the improvement request KLAROS-1000 (Add the possiblity to immediately finish a test run without selecting failure or error) which fairly matches your description. I raised the priority accordingly.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Torsten
Nikolaus S, modified 13 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/7/11 Recent Posts
Torsten Stolpmann:
just for clarification: what you are thinking of is a button 'Skip further execution' which skips executing all further test cases while allowing to review previous results, right?

This is exactly what I mean.

Thank you for your good work and instant answer!

Regards,
- NIkolaus
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nikolaus,

we have just released version 3.3 which resolves this feature request.

Regards,

Torsten