[TRAC] Issue by using Apache htaccess Auth.

Richard S., modified 13 Years ago.

[TRAC] Issue by using Apache htaccess Auth.

Youngling Posts: 6 Join Date: 12/10/10 Recent Posts
Hi there!

I want to use trac by using pre-authentication via htaccess to avoid viewing current projects by anonymous users. I manage trac-users in a htaccess file. The credentials are requested by klaros when I try to connect to trac. After I entered the credentials, klaros failed to log in. [Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://*****/Myproject] I try it by checking the URL in the Issue-Management with the validation-button.

I am using the same credentials to auth with trac, klaros and windows!

I already know, that anonymous and authenticated users require XML_RPC rights to connect to trac. But it doesnt seems to work. It fails everytime I enter the correct credentials! I think this occurs because I have no anonymous login via ht-authentication.

Is it possible to connect to trac via klaros using ht-preauthentication in trac? Is there possibly another issue?

Thanks for help!

Regards

Richard
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: [TRAC] Issue by using Apache htaccess Auth.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Richard,

what version of Klaros are you using?

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I am using the latest version of Klaros (3.2.2 Community Edition) and Trac 0.12.1.

Regards,

Richard
thumbnail

Hi Richard,

we are currently investigating this problem. Since we have been updating the Trac client implementation in version 3.2.2 it would be helpful to know, if you are experiencing the same problem using version 3.1.2. You find this on the download page under 'previous versions' (Since the database is not backwards compatible you should switch to a different database before by editing you hibernate.properties file, or install it on a different host).

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I have tried using version 3.1.2 and I have still the same problem. No integration possible to Trac. I think the problem is the authentication via ht-access. It works without ht-access.

Please let me know when the problem is solved.

Regards,

Richard
thumbnail

Hi Richard,

thanks for the feedback on 3.1.2 behavior. Expect a fix in an upcoming release later this week.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

we have currently updated Klaros to version 3.2.3 and the integration works very fine with trac now.

Thank you for the great support!

Regards,

Richard