Requirements management in Klaros-Testmanagement

Walker Doyle, modified 13 Years ago.

Requirements management in Klaros-Testmanagement

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 11/3/10 Recent Posts
What I am seeking is a way to report test case coverage against requirements. Using Klaros, how would I go about communicating test coverage? For example, 56 out of 89 total requirements have been tested. Of those tested, 96% tested successfully.

Thank you,
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Requirements management in Klaros-Testmanagement (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Walker,

we currently already provide the traceability/docbase fields in test cases to reference requirement ids which will provide the base for test coverage criteria. What is currently missing is a way to map those to either externally or internally available requirement management systems, much in the way as we currently do this for issue management systems.

Please have some patience, as we will need some more time to finish our implementation here, parts of the API and persistent classes are already in place.

Regards,

Torsten
Thomas Klein, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: Requirements management in Klaros-Testmanagement

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/11/12 Recent Posts
Hi,

with almost 2 years down the line since the last message was posted regarding this topic, may I ask if there is anything new in these regards? Is there a way of managing requirements and link them to testcases?
If not, I would appreciate a short explanation of how the "docbase" / "traceability" fields can be used with regards to test coverage analysis... what is entedered in that field and how does it relate to the cases where 1 testcase covers more than 1 requirement or the other way, where "n" testcases are needed to cover 1 requirement. Is the docbase a free-text field or does it have some "login" or dependencies in the system?

Thanks for any pointers, examples or comments,
Thomas
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the Klaros community!

There has been some progress behind the scenes in this area, but as yet nothing visible in a release. A number of users have expressed interest, so it is near the top of our list. However, due to the effort involved it is not on the roadmap for Klaros 3.7.

Both Docbase and Traceability are free-text fields in Klaros. They have no particular meaning within Klaros itselt, but custom reports may be written to handle them in a certain way. Typically, Docbase would contain IDs from some external program for the requirement or requirements which are tested by the test case. This is a way to "link" Klaros test cases to programs which are not integrated into Klaros.

In the case of multiple test cases for a single requirement, a solution within Klaros is to use the categorization feature of Klaros Enterprise Edition. This allows test cases to be grouped to improve browsing and sorting.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Patrick
Thomas Klein, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/11/12 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick,

thanks for the warm welcome ;)
Well, this is just fine - that information helps a lot. I seem to have a better understanding of how the field can be used, with keeping our setup and approaches in mind. We're just about to give a try to Klaros and I'm looking forward to it. Given the fact that this forum here seems to be very responsive (responses within the same day) I feel safe and sound to find timely support in case we should need it.

Again, thanks a lot for the fast response, cheers,
Thomas