Create test cases through external tools and execute in klaros

saravanan kumar, modified 13 Years ago.

Create test cases through external tools and execute in klaros

Youngling Post: 1 Join Date: 10/11/10 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am new to klaros, i want to access my klaros server my using a third party tool or any tool. means i want to create the test cases in my tool and i have to send it to klaros and execute . i dont want to login in klaros. is it possible or any other way is there to access the klaros. Thanks in advance

Regards
Saravanavel
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Create test cases through external tools and execute in klaros (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Welcome Saravanavel,

if I get you correctly here you are asking for an API to import/update test cases into Klaros (much like the REST based test result import interface that is already present). Is this correct?

Does this include the ability to remotely launch the execution of manual test cases or do you expect to run them from Klaros?

We already discussed that such an API would be useful, so yes this is something to be implemented in the future.

If you like to elaborate on your requirements please let us know (either here in the forum or via email to support@verit.de) so we can take them into account for the API specification.

Out of curiosity - which tool would you like to use to control Klaros behavior?

Regards,

Torsten
Andreas Grimm, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Create test cases through external tools and execute in klaros

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/3/17 Recent Posts
Hello Torsten.
I would like to ask if there´s a way to import new test cases into Klaros via the API.
We use a custom tool in which different tasks are created, and would like to import them into Klaros, where they are executed. The test result is then shipped back to the tool.

Thanks for your help
Andreas
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Create test cases through external tools and execute in klaros (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Welcome back Andreas!

Yes it is possible to create test cases via API.

The URL and import format for Excel and XML is described in Chapter Import/Export of the documentation.

If you need to later access the results via an API, you may use the Remote API which is documented in Chapter The Klaros-Testmanagement Remote API of the documentation.

I am unsure about the part regarding test case execution, so please let me know if the above is sufficient for your purpose.

As an enterprise edition customer you may of course contact us as well under support@verit.de if you have any detail questions, we are always happy to help.

Kind regards,

Torsten

Andreas Grimm, modified 7 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/3/17 Recent Posts
Thanks Torsten, but acutally the links are not working.
I will read this documentation in the next days and contact you, if there are any further questions.

Thanks again
Andreas
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 7 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Andreas,

the links should be working now. You can also find a PDF-version of the documentation in the 'doc' folder of your Klaros-Testmanagement installation folder.

Regards,
Fabian