Problem with Redmine Integration

Murat H Korkmazov, modified 10 Years ago.

Problem with Redmine Integration

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 8/26/10 Recent Posts
Hi there,

I created a test project and one of my test-cases is failed:
Run Test Case > Execute > Start > Failure

After clicking on the Finish button the "Please add a comment" window is appeared.
I've put some comments and clicked on the Finish button.

Now the most important step for me:
- I clicked on Create Issue button and selected Redmine option as an Issue Management System.
Once I do it the system is freezed and then the Authentification (IM00007 - Redmine) window is appeared
with promt to enter my login and password.

I've put my login and password and received the message:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /demo/block/send-receive-updates.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.klaros-testmanagement.com Port 80

Another tip: when I typing the message post to this forum and switched to another Windows app (Alt + Tab) and then go back to my post (Alt + Tab) I see that my cursor moved to the end of the post.

BR,
Murat
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Problem with Redmine Integration

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Murat,

for security reasons we do not allow connections to external servers. Please use our predefined Redmine server to test the issue tracking in Klaros. (I already resest the Redmine server to our internal URL)

That you were able to change the URL in our online demo is a bug. We will fix this as soon as possible. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt

Hi Tobias,

I don't have an access to http://dev.verit.de:3000 to check my bug status.

Also on your home page I see that you support Redmine 0.9. What about Redmine 1.0?

BR
Murat
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
I don't have an access to http://dev.verit.de:3000 to check my bug status.

This is not possible because it is an internally hosted system which is not accessible from the outside. You may check the status of your tickets under Evaluate/Issues by Test Case.

I am sorry but we currently have no plans to host externally accessible issue trackers for demo purposes. Please use a local installation of Klaros and Redmine for experiments.

Also on your home page I see that you support Redmine 0.9. What about Redmine 1.0?

At the time of the Klaros 3.0 release Redmine 1.0 has not been available so we were not be able to test it. If you are running an 1.0 installation we would like to hear about your experience with 3.0. We will add support for 1.0 in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Torsten

I've just installed Klaros in our local server (Win2003).

I've setup redmine settings to my external web redmine url. (I have installed redmine v1.0.0)

When I pressed "Create Issue" button I see the error log in status messages:
ERROR - 17:58:11 - The Server at URL http://daminion.net:3000 could not be contacted: Connection timed out: connec

Then the popup window prompts me to enter login and password. Once I filled them and clicked OK button

the "Authentication failed (wrong user name or password)." message is appeared.

Although I wrote my login/passw correctly.

BR
Murat
thumbnail

Hi Murat,

did you follow the instructions on http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/redmin-mylyncon/index.php?title=Installation as mentioned in the manual here?

Regards

Torsten

I installed that plugin 2 days ago but forgot to reboot my server. Now I restarted my server (remote, Ubuntu) and no I see the Redmine plugin "Mylyn Connector".

But the problem still there. Each time I try to create an Issue from Klaros I see the login/password popup window. And once I enter my login/passw it changes my cursor to show the progress and then nothing happens. When press the Login button second time the red text: appears:

Authentication failed (wrong user name or password). <- this text appears on the "Authentication (IM00001 - Redmine)" window.

And then status message:
ERROR - 18:24:42 - Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password).
thumbnail

Can you please send the klaros logs to support@verit.de?

Sent...
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Problem with Redmine Integration (Answer)

Hi Murat,

as discussed via email the current implementation of the Redmine integration is not able to work with Redmine 1.0 and above. This has been resolved in the meantime and a fix will be available with the upcoming 3.2 release.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 1 Year ago.

Quick reminder: As of Klaros version 4.12 the native Redmine API is used and the installation of a Redmine plugin is no longer required.