font too small in HTML report

Markus Krieg, modified 10 Years ago.

font too small in HTML report

Padawan Posts: 34 Join Date: 8/23/10 Recent Posts
* create an HTML report for Test Environment, SUT or Test Suites

-> the font is way too small; you always need to zoom in which blurs bitmaps way beyong their resolution

note: font size is fine in PDF reports

another thing that I noticed is that a often get an error "no data to create report" the first time I try to trigger a report. it works the second time I click. will watch this.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: font too small in HTML report

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
* create an HTML report for Test Environment, SUT or Test Suites

-> the font is way too small; you always need to zoom in which blurs bitmaps way beyong their resolution

note: font size is fine in PDF reports

HTML output is still page-oriented, so the font size is chosen relative to the page dimensions. Nonetheless I agree about the ugliness here. PDF and HTML output are rendered from the same reporting template, so we are pretty much tied to the behavior of the reporting framework used here. We will see what is posible here (tracked as KLAROS-956 - Predefined HTML Reports lack readability).

another thing that I noticed is that a often get an error "no data to create report" the first time I try to trigger a report. it works the second time I click. will watch this.

Please provide a log file if possible.

Regards,

Torsten

thanks for checking into this!

does this help? do we need to set autoreconnect=true in the MySQL connection string? Jira is using both - autoreconnect as well as a validationQuery="select 1" parameter.

11:35:28,793 ERROR TestSuiteOverviewReportServlet:145 - Unable to build report
de.verit.klaros.core.exception.KlarosReportException: Can not fill the report [r
eports/KlarosEnvironmentReport.jrxml]

[...]

Caused by: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.hibernate.TransactionExc
eption: JDBC begin failed:

[...]

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last pac
ket successfully received from the server was 82.526.013 milliseconds ago. The
last packet sent successfully to the server was 82.526.013 milliseconds ago. is
longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider e
ither expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application
, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Conn
ector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

we already had another user with the same timeout problem. You can use the solution from this forum entry by Michaël Erni.

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt

thanks, Tobias.

just added the autoconnect parameter for now. maybe when you get the time you can check if hibernate allows to send a validation query ("select 1") in regular intervals to keep the connection alive the way Jira does it. could even be part of the JDBC driver.

hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/klaros?autoReconnect=true

gruss,
Markus