Whats the Result of the "Test Case Result"?

Robert Gröber, modified 10 Years ago.

Whats the Result of the "Test Case Result"?

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 5/21/10 Recent Posts
Hello klaros team,

Ive executed a single testcase after I've created it from a reported issue. Two questions for that use case:

1. Is the issue management system, I've configured, useful for something other than creating issues when executing a test? Am i able to link to a issue within a testcase? (Usecase above)

2. Why is there no Result printed on the Test Case Result page (as shown in the attachment)? I would have expected, that the steps would have a sign that indicated what step has failed (or has an error). But I think its even worse that it is not displayed anywhere that this Testcase has failed!

The view would be nice (only when displaying the test result) for giving it back to the developer if it could be exported to pdf. emoticon (Feature Request?)
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Whats the Result of the "Test Case Result"? (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Robert,

1. Is the issue management system, I've configured, useful for something other than creating issues when executing a test? Am i able to link to a issue within a testcase? (Usecase above)

For the book: On the Evaluate page under 'Issues by Test Case' you can browse all the issues that are currently linked to your test case.

But in you use case the relation between test case and issue is the other way round, so I would probably use the dependency or traceability string field to refer to the id of the initiating issue. On the other hand it might beneficial to allow the manual addition of related issues to a test case in the define section. I opened KLAROS-900 (Allow the manual linking of existing issues to test cases) to track this feature request for version 3.1.

2. Why is there no Result printed on the Test Case Result page (as shown in the attachment)? I would have expected, that the steps would have a sign that indicated what step has failed (or has an error). But I think its even worse that it is not displayed anywhere that this Testcase has failed!

You are absolutely right - the status information should be present here as well, even if the data table from where the result is selected already shows this. I tracked this as improvement KLAROS-901 (Show the result state (passed/failed/error) on the test result details page).

The step at which an error/failure occurred is currently not stored in the test result. We already tracked this as improvement KLAROS-642 (Save the result type for every step in the test case result) which is also part of the 3.1 schedule.

The view would be nice (only when displaying the test result) for giving it back to the developer if it could be exported to pdf.

What's wrong with taking a screendump or printing to a PDF Printer-Driver? Anyway implementing KLAROS-898 to the fullest (as discussed earlier today here) would allow you to hyperlink to this result.

Again, thanks for your valuable input!

Regards,

Torsten