Creating Jobs From JIRA Tickets

Erinc Cagri Ozcicek, modified 5 Years ago.

Creating Jobs From JIRA Tickets

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 4/1/19 Recent Posts

Hi,

I am evaluating your software and I want to create jobs from JIRA tickets according to created JIRA filters. Is there a way to access JIRA filters from the tool and select a ticket from the selected filter and create a job with this ticket?

Thank You,
Best Regards
Cagri

thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Creating Jobs From JIRA Tickets

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Erinc,

although there is no direct link between Jira-issues and jobs in Klaros-Testmanagement, there is a way to achieve this using requirements.

1) You can integrate any Jira Project as a "Requirements Management System" and link it to a project in Klaros (https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Define.html#User-Manual.Define.Projects.Details.Edit-RMS).

This will cause all of your Jira-issues to appear as requirements within Klaros-Testmanagement.

(Note: the Jira filter API is currently not supported here, but it is in our backlog as KLAROS-3135. But you can already limit the issue types that should be synchronized)

2) For the requirements/tickets you need a job for, create a test case that covers this requirement and link them together (https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Define.Main.Requirements.html#User-Manual.Define.Main.Requirements.Details.TestCases).

3) Then, using "Plan/Jobs from Test Cases" you can conveniently create jobs for all of these test cases.

Feel free to request a 30 day trial license at https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/en_US/trial if you want to try out these features for yourself!

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

I have tried to integrate a sample Jira Project as "Requirements Management System" but could not succeed because we use JIRA 6.4 and there is no option for Jira (legacy) like in the "Issue Management System" section.
Thank you for your support.

Regards,
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 5 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Erinc,

I am jumping in for Fabian here.

You are right about that the legacy Jira Integration (based on the Jira-SOAP interface) is not available for issue synchronization.

But if you are running Jira 6.4, the REST interface for the standard Jira connector is avaliable at the Jira end so this should be possible.
Did you make sure that the REST interface is enabled on the Jira side?

If the synchronization is not working for you, please send us logfiles to support@verit.de so we may look at the problem.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

We have plans to upgrade to JIRA 7. I will try your suggestions after this update.Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Cagri
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Creating Jobs From JIRA Tickets (Answer)

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Erinc,

you're welcome! Please let us know if it worked after upgrading Jira and/or if you need additional help.

Regards,
Fabian
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 5 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Erinc,

I am unsure if I fully comprehend your question.

What should the created job contain in your case? For resolving the Jira issue you probably want to create or link an existing test case to resolve this issue, right?

So in my view this would be a multi step process for each issue:

1. Create a new test case or identify an existing test case covering your issue
2. Link this test case to the Jira issue
3. Create a job from the identified test case

Is this what you want to achieve here or am I missing something?

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Our purpose for using Jira tickets for jobs is to be sure that all tests are executed according to our regression analysis.
We have  JIRA filters containing tickets regarding to changed software product parts. With these tickets we want create test exexcution jobs that contains the regression tests that are related with changed software parts.
Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,