local host refused connection

Richard Rowlands, modified 7 Years ago.

local host refused connection

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 5/16/16 Recent Posts
Can anyone help please, i am trying to install Klaros Test Management on a local server and as far as im aware it has installed correctly but when it opens in a browser i get the following error in chrome & I.E....
 the address im trying to connect to is http://localhost:18080/klaros-web/
and the error im getting is....  

This site can’t be reachedlocalhost refused to connect.ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

any help will be much apprecated :-) 
Thanks
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: local host refused connection (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Richard,

this looks like the server startup has been interrupted due to an yet unknown error condition. Please attach your OS/Java settings and the content of the logs folder of your installation to this thread.

If you are running under windows the console window will contain additional messages showing the reason why the startup failed. Please post this information as well.

Regards,

Torsten
Richard Rowlands, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: local host refused connection (Answer)

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 5/16/16 Recent Posts
Hi Torsten Many thanks for your quick reply, very impressed :-)

I was using server 2012 r2 and the most uptodate JRE available, i struggled with it all yesterday unsucessfully but since posting i went back installed the JDK as well as the JRE and made sure they were both set up properly  as environment variables in the system settings and also added the three ports in the installation into a firewall exception, then reinstalled and it now seems to work!

If we decide to put it into production environment i will try different combinations of those things to see if i can pinpoint what the issue was and post here so future people can use it for assistance if needed.

Thanks Again

Richie
wale mark, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: local host refused connection

Youngling Post: 1 Join Date: 3/8/22 Recent Posts
When the localhost refused to connect error message appears, it is likely because the port is not correctly configured.  There are many situations that might trigger “This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect.” error in Chrome browsers . In general, the problem may happens for failing on DNS lookup . DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Most often it causes for not getting the internet connection or misconfigured internet or network settings. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. However, other reasons, such as insufficient permissions or the Apache web server not running properly might also cause the error.