Error when finishing Testexecution

Toralf Babel, modified 10 Years ago.

Error when finishing Testexecution

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 3/8/10 Recent Posts
Hello,
when I'm finishing the execution of a Testcase and close the Comment-Screen I get the following Error:
I'm using Version 2.5.2

#{testCaseRunner.finishRunFromDialog}: java.lang.RuntimeException: No valid property definition found for property summary
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:90)
(Details in Error_local.txt)

In the online-Demo I got an nearly similar error while executing a Testcase defined by me. The given testcases I'm able to run without any problems.

The error I get in the online-demo is this one: (Details in error_onlinedemo.txt)
#{testCaseRunner.finishRunFromDialog}: java.lang.RuntimeException: No valid property definition found for property timestamp
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:90)

Can you please give me a hint what I might have forget or done wrong?

Thx,
Toralf
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Error when finishing Testexecution

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Toralf,

welcome to our community and thank you for reporting your problem. We tracked it as issue KLAROS-697. At the moment we are not able to reproduce this problem so please provide some more information about your setup.

What operation system do you have?
What database are you using (default is derby)?
Did you execute a test case or a test plan as the exception occured?
In which order did you create the objects in the project?

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt
Toralf Babel, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 3/8/10 Recent Posts
Hello,
here is som more detailed information to my problem.
I'm running the standard derby-database.
The error occured when executing a single test case as well as when executing a test plan.
The creation order I don't remember exactly.
The OS I'm using on the workstation for checking out klaros is running with Windows XP SP3

I made an interesting discovery: I first installed version 2.5.0. The testcases with the problems I defined with this version.
After the problems occured I upgraded to version 2.5.2 and the error stayed the same.
Now I started again from the beginning: defined a complete new project, new environment, new systems under tests and new testcases and testplans.
The interesting thing now is that these testcases are excutable without any problems.
But the old ones still end up in the same error. Even new testcases in the project defined with the older version cause the error.

So on the first sight it seems to be a problem of the older version. I'm checking it out and hopefully it'll work.
If i'm able to reproduuce the error or to specify it more clearly I'll post it here.

Regards,
Toralf Babel
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Error when finishing Testexecution (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Toralf,

we have finally found the cause and the solution for this problem. We are now preparing a hotfix we will be releasing ASAP. In the meantime please refrain from associating issue trackers with your projects, which is triggering the problem you have described.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and helping us to find and fix this issue (this one was particulary nasty)!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Toralf,

we just released the 2.5.3 hotfix, which solves this problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Torsten