Integration with trac for defect tracking?

Andrew M Replogle, modified 10 Years ago.

Integration with trac for defect tracking?

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 10/9/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Is there a way I can write a plugin to integrate with trac for defect tracking? If there's no plugin capability, I'd like to request this as an enhancement.

http://trac.edgewall.org/

Thanks.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Integration with trac for defect tracking?

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Andrew,

first let me welcome you to the community, and congratulations for being the first poster! emoticon

Regarding plugin-interfaces in general: We see the need to have plugins available as soon as possible. But our current top priority is of course getting the enterprise edition out of the door, so we will definitly not work on this in the very near future.

AFAIK Trac features an XML-RPC interface for remote calls, so if you can direct me to some working java client code for creating and retrieving issues, I will investigate possibilities for direct integration here.

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Is there a way I can write a plugin to integrate with trac for defect tracking? If there's no plugin capability, I'd like to request this as an enhancement.

Thanks.
aowss ibrahim, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Post: 1 Join Date: 10/10/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

I would also be very interested in a Trac integration or other bug tracking systems for people who use Bugzilla, ....

I believe this should be a very high priority because lots of people are using these products and would like their test management system to integrate with them.

Thanks,
Aowss.

Thanks Torsten!

I've got our lead QA people evaluating Klaros-TestManagement right now and at first glance they think it looks promising. They mentioned that the most important thing is integration with defect tracking (and we happen to use trac). So I'll investigate the xml-rpc route and see if I can provide some sample client code.

We of course understand the priority on the enterprise version as we're an ISV ourselves.

Thanks for the response!

Andrew

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hello Andrew,

first let me welcome you to the community, and congratulations for being the first poster! emoticon

Regarding plugin-interfaces in general: We see the need to have plugins available as soon as possible. But our current top priority is of course getting the enterprise edition out of the door, so we will definitly not work on this in the very near future.

AFAIK Trac features an XML-RPC interface for remote calls, so if you can direct me to some working java client code for creating and retrieving issues, I will investigate possibilities for direct integration here.

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Thanks.

Torsten,

I came across this which seems to be pretty well defined examples of a java xml-rpc interface for trac:

Java XML-RPC Examples

There's a sources jar included as well as javadocs. I don't really know java well enough to know how involved it would be to integrate. What do you think?

Thanks,
Andrew

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hello Andrew,

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Thanks.
thumbnail

Hi Andrew!

I will have a look at this tomorrow. I also saw that the Eclipse Mylyn project contains a Trac Client implementation which may be worth looking at too.

Regards,
Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Torsten,

I came across this which seems to be pretty well defined examples of a java xml-rpc interface for trac:

Java XML-RPC Examples

There's a sources jar included as well as javadocs. I don't really know java well enough to know how involved it would be to integrate. What do you think?

Thanks,
Andrew

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hello Andrew,

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Thanks.
Sylvia Richter, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/14/09 Recent Posts
We are interested, too.
thumbnail

RE: Integration with trac for defect tracking? (Answer)

Hello Andrew,

Adding Trac support (KLAROS-532) is now part of our release plan, tentativly scheduled for the 2.4 Release in mid-November. This release date is subject to change without notice, so please do not pin me down on that emoticon

I never thought that Trac was that popular ...

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Thanks.

Excellent News!

Thanks so much Torsten! I'm going to check-in with our testing engineers and see if they have any other feedback and what their general opinions are so far.
Thanks for the warm welcome and the diligent efforts!

Andrew

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hello Andrew,

Adding Trac support (KLAROS-532) is now part of our release plan, tentativly scheduled for the 2.4 Release in mid-November. This release date is subject to change without notice, so please do not pin me down on that emoticon

I never thought that Trac was that popular ...

Regards, Torsten

Andrew M Replogle:
Hello,

Thanks.
thumbnail

RE: Integration with trac for defect tracking? (Answer)

Hello Sylvia, Andrew, Aowss,

as promised - albeit later as projected - we released version 2.4 today which includes support for Trac.

Please make sure that you install the XML-RPC plug-in in your Trac server installation (see: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin).

Enjoy working with Klaros-Testmanagement, as always your feedback is very welcome.

Regards,

Torsten