Mediawiki interface

Andreas Politze, modified 9 Years ago.

Mediawiki interface

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/15/14 Recent Posts
Hi klaros team,
I'm quite new to klaros. The tool is installed, working fine and used internally.
As currently various interfaces are supported by klaros, I would like to know, if it is planned to connect klaros to the mediawiki-project?

Analogous to other tools(e.g. jira) it would be useful to have a mediawiki-klaros-Extension that gets information e.g. requirement-coverage, execution-status of the jobs from a soap/rest-like Klaros-Interface.
Maybe implemented like a configurable search-request it would be possible to get for example a list of test-suite-names by sending a project-name, the list of testcase-names by sending a requirement-name..
If so it would possible to deeply integrate, collaborate and present testing results with minimum effort to the wiki-world.

HaPpY testing regards
 Andreas
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Mediawiki interface (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Andreas,

as far as I can see, there are actually two separate questions contained in your post.

1. Are we planning to offer a dedicated media-wiki extension to Klaros?

From what I gather from a quick glance at the MediaWiki Documentation extensions are implemented as PHP scripts for the Wiki itself (Please correct me if I am wrong). If I get your question right you are thinking about accessing SOAP/REST/whatever services on the Klaros side via PHP?

Based on this, I think there is no need to implement anything specific to MediaWiki itself on the Klaros side. If there are clear customer requirements we can of course offer such an integration as part of paid-for customization effort.

So the short answer is: No, not unless ordered separately.

2. Are we planning to expose more functionality via remote interfaces?

Short answer: Yes, but do not expect this in the very near future.

We already have a stable data model exposed via the model API to the reporting scripts to build upon. So one way to go would be to offer a remote query facility based on this, rendering results to an XML/JSON format.

I would personally prefer a clean REST-based API, parts of which is implemented in the mobile client interface. Yet again this is quit an effort to implement.

There are currently no decisions or planned release dates on this.

Sorry for the late answer.

Regards,

Torsten
Andreas Politze, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Mediawiki interface

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/15/14 Recent Posts
Hi Torsten,

you are right with my implicit question in which remote interface could be used and that data would be requested via php.
It's a pity that there is currently no rest interface available, but I'm also fine with intermediate plannings and I agree in a well designed solution. It would be great if at least status could be retrieved.
I think, I got it right that you got a little infected by the idea;-)

Thanks for your detailed answer && Kind regards
 Andreas