Test case visualization enhancement

thumbnail
Nicholas Thurel, modified 9 Years ago.

Test case visualization enhancement

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 6/10/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

In the Test Case Results page, it would be great to see the last run status of a given test case. The current display is good giving success/failures/errors but it doesn't tell which was the last run.

I currently have 60 test cases and I don't know which ones are still in failure.

This request could be displayed as a column showing the icon (success/fail/error) and a tooltip giving info such as environment/system.

Regards,

Nick T.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Test case visualization enhancement

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nicholas,

the Latest Success Rate report on the dashboard report page should provide you with the information you are looking for.

As you already noticed, there are of course hidden implications to be considered, as the test environment and SUT has to be taken into account as well - actually we have have matrix of last test results here.

Yet the last result is one is the one people typically will take the most interest in. So this is a useful enhancement which is also quite easy to implement.

I opened the enhancement request KLAROS-2376 to track this.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi,

The Latest Success Rate on the dashboard is a pie chart. Am I right? This only gives the proportion of each state.
The enhancement I suggest is, in the Test Case Results page, add a column to highlight the last state of a test case. It helps follow regression and helps focus on the tests that failed without having to go through all the test cases.

In the file attached, there is a sample of what I have. We clearly see that TC00039 failed, that TC00055 succeded but in the case of TC00032 I have 2 fails and 1 success but no information on which is last. It could be that it failed then corrected and succeded and then, after another correction, failed again.

I also checked on your online demo but there doesn't seem to be the information I'm looking for.
I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Nick T.
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 9 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Nicholas,

Klaros-Testmanagement version 4.2.1 will include an information column on the test case result page which shows the latest result for each test case. If an iteration is selected, the latest result for that iteration is displayed. See below for a screenshot.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Regards,
Patrick
thumbnail

Thank you very much for your prompt action. This will be a very useful feature.
You're welcome for the suggestion, it's always a pleasure to help enhance everyday tools.

Regards,
Nick