Mass import of testcases

Thomas Klinger, modified 10 Years ago.

Mass import of testcases

Youngling Posts: 17 Join Date: 1/14/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

what about an interface to mass import testcases (at least the titles and their corresponding test suites)? My team is collecting their ideas first on excel spreadsheets and now it's about to bring them into the system. Each one has about 50-200 cases.

Regards, Thomas
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Mass import of testcases

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Thomas,

Test cases may currently be imported into Klaros from .XLS files. There is a fixed format for files which may be imported, and each test case must be on a seperate sheet.

The process is described in the user manual here.

Import of test suites is not currently supported.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Patrick
Thomas Klinger, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 17 Join Date: 1/14/14 Recent Posts
Honestly, I wasn't aware of that feature. To much things happen at the same time, sorry for bothering.

The interface itself is nice, but does not safe much time. In our case it would not safe us time, because the mentioned interface requires an excel file per case. So, for creating the file in that fixed format require about the same time to create the cases in the interface itself.

Maybe it might be some interesting idea if data can be provided in normal text files like:
TESTCASE TITLE;REVISION;DESCRIPTION;...
my title;1,0;my description;...
my second title;1.0;another description;...

However, regardless which format you're using, the data has to be collected anyway. This might be only useful, when you're reusing testcases in different projects.

Regards, Thomas
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Thomas,

No problem, we're here to answer questions!

In your case the XML import tool may be more interesting. Depending on the format of the files, if you have somebody who can do a bit of scripting creation of test cases could largely be automated from the XLS files you have.

This section describes the XML import feature and I have attached the schema (I have added ".xml" to the file name in order to upload it to the forum).

Regards,
Patrick