Execute a Test CAse offline

thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, modified 10 Years ago.

Execute a Test CAse offline

Padawan Posts: 62 Join Date: 12/20/13 Recent Posts
Sometimes, in our tests, we need to execute test cases out of the office, In these situations, we can't access to Klaros server to complete Jobs. What do you recommend to me? Is there some way to execute a Test Case offline, and after that import results to Klaros?

I have read about to import test results. Is it the same? It is not clear enough for me. Please give me a hint.

Thanks for your answers.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Execute a Test CAse offline (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Angel,

This situation is one of the prime use cases of the Mobile Edition.

First you define jobs from your test cases and test suites using the web interface and assign them to your users.
Then you can download those jobs to your mobile Android device (Tablet or Smartphone) by pushing the synchronize button.
For this part you need to have network access to your Klaros-Testmanagement Server.

From then on your can autonomously execute your Jobs/Test cases on your mobile device. This part can be done completely offline, so you do not have to have any network connection. While testing you can take advantage of your mobile device sensors as the in-built camera and microphone to document your test results with binary attachments (photos, voice recordings, movies) or record the location information where your tests did take place via GPS coordinates.

Once you return to your place you can sync your test results back to Klaros-Testmanagement with the push of a button. The results will then appear in your result lists.

You will find more information on our website here: http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/mobile
If you would like to quickly try it out on your own device you find the App on Google Play here:

By default the App will connect to a test server we are hosting for this purpose.
You can also try this with your own installation by changing the server URL in your App and requesting a Mobile Edition Trial Key here:
http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/trial

Does that help you with your use case? Please let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

RE: Execute a Test CAse offline

Thanks Torsten, in that case Community Edition is not useful for my requirements, really?

And what about <Import Test Results>, I was reading about that, and I noticed it is necessary another tool to execute Test Cases and after execute them, you can import the results, really?

Thanks for your answers

Regards,

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail

RE: Execute a Test CAse offline (Answer)

Hi Angel,

you would typically use the import test result feature to merge the test results you get from test automation tools and test frameworks with your manual test results for a project. This can be done both interactively in the web application or via the REST interface from the command-line (curl again). Another application would be the push of test results from builds executed in a continuous integration server like Jenkins. This is a feature included in the Community Edition btw.

If you plan on using this interface for uploading manual test results (which is theoretically possible once you have a way to generate one of those result file formats) please not that you will not be able to add much detail to the test case result in this case (Test step results, attachments, etc. will all be missing).

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

In this case, <Import test results> is a limited option, really?

Now, maybe do you have examples of those file formats? If you have, please send me to test them.

Thanks in advance.

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail

Yes, in my opinion this really would be the poor man's solution. I added a sample JUnit result file as a reference, which is the lowest common denominator for result file import at the moment.

Regards,

Torsten