Custom report, get related Jira Issues.

Fabian Tietz, modified 10 Years ago.

Custom report, get related Jira Issues.

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 8/9/13 Recent Posts
Hi,

We are evaluating the Klaros Jira Integration and have a bunch of connected Jira issues for our Testcases.
They show up fine in the "Issues by testcase" table.

Is it possible to get the ticket details, or at least the Jira ticket ID programatically from the scripting API?
tc.getDetectedIssues().size() shows the number of issues related correctly, but getDescription() is empty there
seem to be no functions for retrieving detailed information about Jira issues.

I'm interested in getting the TicketIDs + Jira Bug Status excpecially.

Regards,

Fabian
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Custom report, get related Jira Issues. (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Fabian,

there is already a rather old feature request open for supporting issue information in the scripting API (KLAROS-957) which has been pushed backed to often in the past.

As we are not caching issue information locally we have to store global default credentials for the different bug trackers to implement this fully, which we currently don't do. I will raise the priority for that issue but cannot confirm an availability date for this yet. We will try to add this to the 4.0 release.

In the mean time I added the enhancement request KLAROS-1928 towards the upcoming version 3.8.1 to add the external ticket id to the API which is easy enough to resolve locally.

Thanks for your feedback and pointing this out!

Torsten
Fabian Tietz, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Custom report, get related Jira Issues.

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 8/9/13 Recent Posts
Torsten Stolpmann:
Hi Fabian,

In the mean time I added the enhancement request KLAROS-1928 towards the upcoming version 3.8.1 to add the external ticket id to the API which is easy enough to resolve locally.

Thanks for your feedback and pointing this out!

Torsten

The ticket ID is enough I think, since it is the only Jira data stored in Klaros. Mixing up data between those two by implementing
caching etc. doesn't really make sense in my opinion.

Thanks for your lightning fast response emoticon

Regards,

Fabian
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Custom report, get related Jira Issues.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Thanks emoticon

KLAROS-1928 is now resolved (IKlarosIssue.getExternalId()).

Torsten