Redmine

J.R. MacArthur, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Redmine

Youngling Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 18.08.11 Neueste Beiträge
I'm running Redmine 1.2 with Mylyn Connector plugin 2.7.4.. Can Klaros link up to this? I'm having authentication issues.

I'm seeing this in the production log when it tries verify the redmine url and login.

Processing MylynConnector::CustomFieldsController#all to xml (for 192.168.76.1 at 2011-08-18 14:09:33) [GET]
Parameters: {"format"=>"xml", "action"=>"all", "controller"=>"MylynConnector::CustomFields"}
Filter chain halted as [:check_if_login_required] rendered_or_redirected.
Completed in 6ms (View: 0, DB: 2) | 401 Unauthorized [http://142.176.86.149/redmine/mylyn/customfields]
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Redmine

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi J.R.,

I assume you already have tried the solutions presented in this forum entry here?

It is really important that you got the correct URL (trailing slash) and project ID.

I see no reason why the above combination should not be working.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi J.R.,

I verified this with Redmine 1.2.1 and th 2.7.4 Connector against Klaros 3.4.4 and find no errors. Please check that you have enabled the REST API under Administration / Settings / Authentication or you might experience authentication errors (HTTP 401) during issue creation.

Hope this helps,

Torsten

Thanks for the quick responses, sorry I wasn't so prompt. emoticon

I did not have that REST API checked.

So I check that then when I click the validate url it seems to process for a few seconds, then it just completes with no information. Am I supposed to get a notification that it succeeds? Or does it only notify you if it fails?
thumbnail

REST API must be checked for this to work (as shown, but regretfully not explicitly mentioned in the manual):

The validation process consists of two steps:

• Contacting the URL you have entered (HTTP GET)
  • Verifying that the project id you have entered is present in the list of projects on that instance.

The second action requires the WS-API to be active. See the attached image for the success messages.

We will update the manual to make this point clearer and have a look why you are not getting a better error message in this case.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail

I have been digging a bit further in this:

In case of a Redmine Installation *with* Mylyn Connector plugin and *without* WS-API enabled Klaros will receive an "401 Authentication required" from Redmine side, and should request new authentication credentials from you. But due to the missing API none of your supplied credentials will work.

I fear this is virtually indistinguishable from a 'real' authentication request from Redmine on the client (Klaros) side so it his hard to provide a meaningful error message in this case.

If you both have Mylyn Connector plugin and WS-API configured on the Redmine side you should be all set.

Torsten

The redmine links seem to be validating now. Thanks for the help sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.