Request time out error when trying to integrate with the gitlab repository

Moriz Moo, geändert vor 1 Jahr.

Request time out error when trying to integrate with the gitlab repository

Youngling Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 04.12.22 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
When I try to integrate Klaros with my own Gitlab repository, the following error happens:

"Unknown Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)"

Please find the error image attached to this message.

Here're some logs from the docker image:
"
{"log":"Caused by: javax.el.ELException: Error getting value for #{fileUploadConsumerBean.beanName}Dialog\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.968404227Z"}
{"log":"\u0009at org.jboss.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:203)\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.968411657Z"}
{"log":"\u0009at org.jboss.weld.module.web.el.WeldValueExpression.getValue(WeldValueExpression.java:50)\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.968419152Z"}
{"log":"\u0009at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.ContextAwareTagValueExpression.getValue(ContextAwareTagValueExpression.java:100)\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12->
{"log":"\u0009... 119 common frames omitted\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.96843433Z"}
{"log":"Caused by: javax.el.ELException: org.jboss.seam.core.LockTimeoutException: could not acquire lock on @Synchronized component: issueManagementDetailsBean\n","stream>
{"log":"\u0009at org.apache.myfaces.el.resolver.LambdaBeanELResolver.getValue(LambdaBeanELResolver.java:82)\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.968458719Z"}
{"log":"\u0009at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:62)\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-12-04T12:25:46.9684668Z"}
"

Do you have any suggestions?

P.S. we don't have any problem with github integration

Best,
Mohammad
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 1 Jahr.

RE: Request time out error when trying to integrate with the gitlab reposit

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Mohammed,

from the screenshot, I see that you did not enter the project ID of the GitLab project you want to connect to, which you most probably add to the URL.

Please choose the base address of the GitLab instance for the URL and add the project ID to the project field and let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Torsten

Thanks, Torsten, I will do that and inform you of the result.

Best,
Mohammad

The "Project" field is a read-only field and can not be modified. I set the URL in the following format:

https://gitlab_url/project_group_id/project_id Still got the same error.

Could it be that one of the servers does not see the other server (locally they can see each other, but through the internet IP there are some limitations)?

Best, Mohammad
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 1 Jahr.

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
You are right, like with GitHub the project field is not in use here. We are going to suppress it in this case in future releases.

https://gitlab_url/project_group_id/project_id should be correct. I assume this url is working from your browser as well?

​​​​​​​If your Klaros docker installation can connect to your GitHub instance, it theoretically should also be able to connect to your GitLab instance unless there are fundamental differences in how they can be accessed.
​​​​​​​
  • Are both URL's reachable from the Internet?
  • ​​​​​​​Can you reach the GitLab url from the docker command line?
  • ​​​​​​​Have you tried using the IP of the GitLab instance directly instead of it's name?

I hope this is helpful, t​​​​​hese things are really hard to diagnose from the outside.

Regards,

Torsten