How to delete test results?

thumbnail
Jan Lagerpusch, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

How to delete test results?

Youngling Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 05.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

first of all, thank you for your really nice product! It really seems to meet my expectations: a lightweight, fast and easy to use, webbased TMS with a decent presentation, alloowing efficient work in any browser.

I was wondering how to delete test results from previous runs? I was just fiddling around to see how a manual test run feels, and now that the test case has been executed, I would like to remove the result from the database.

However, I cannot find a way to get rid of the "test testcase". Any way to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Jan
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: How to delete test results? (Antwort)

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jan,

thanks for the encouragement, this is much appreciated by the team!

Currently it is not possible to remove test results from the system, but we are progressing in preparing the prerequisites for this.

The corresponding flags are already present in the database, but not all reports currently handle this flag correctly, so the delete function is not yet available in the UI.

For traceability reasons we will never allow the physical deletion of objects, you may only disable them to keep them from being reported. This ability will be only available to users with an adminstrator role.

The same rules will apply to test cases, test suites, systems under tests and test environments.

I hope this fits your use case once this is fully implemented.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

RE: How to delete test results?

Hi Torsten,

thanks for your quick response - looking forward to seeing the "disable" feature in a future release.
Do you have an idea for a workaround?

For me it seems that I can either
- set up a new project (copying all Environments, SUTs and TestCases) and afterwards deleting the old project
- keep the project and mark the locked Testcase, SUT and environment with "do not use" or similar

Do you see other options?

Best regards,
Jan
thumbnail

Hi Jan,

regrettably these are your only options at the moment.

set up a new project (copying all Environments, SUTs and TestCases) and afterwards deleting the old project

As long as you did not have any relevant results you want to keep this is probably the best option. Please note that you can transfer test cases between projects using the Maintain Projects/Copy Test Cases tab.

keep the project and mark the locked Testcase, SUT and environment with "do not use" or similar

To prevent the test case from further execution you should also remove the manual execution state and set the test case state to 'skip'. As long as the failed test result for the SUT or test environment does not disturbe your statistics, you may of course keep those in use.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi Torsten,

Torsten Stolpmann:

set up a new project (copying all Environments, SUTs and TestCases) and afterwards deleting the old project

As long as you did not have any relevant results you want to keep this is probably the best option. Please note that you can transfer test cases between projects using the Maintain Projects/Copy Test Cases tab.

is the "Maintain Projects/Copy Test Cases tab" only available in the Enterprise edition? I cannot see this tab in my installed Community Edition.

Best regards,
Jan
thumbnail

RE: How to delete test results? (Antwort)

Yes this is EE only, the manual must be corrected to reflect this. Please feel free to request a trial license here to temporarily access this functionality.

Regards,

Torsten