run automated test and import results

Davide Bracali Cioci, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

run automated test and import results

Youngling Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 08.01.20 Neueste Beiträge
Hi everyone,
 I am trying to use Klaros and Robot Framework to handle some python script I developed for continuous integration pipeline. In particular, my purpose is to trigger a Robot script wrapping the Python script from Klaros and import the test results. I understood that the import can be reached either importing the xml file through the web interface or through the HTTP REST service, but I did not understand if I can also trigger directly the Robot script. Is it possible to trigger directly that script? If a Robot script had to be run separately and its results had to be uploaded separately as well, then a potential acceptance test campaign would not be so straightforward. I hope my question is clear and you can help me. Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

RE: run automated test and import results (Antwort)

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Davide,

it is possible to achieve this if you bundle the script execution and result file upload in a resource that can be triggered via a HTTP GET Request.

For example, you may construct a Jenkins job (You didn't mentioned if you are using this) which calls  your script and does the REST Upload of the results to Klaros.

https://humanwhocodes.com/blog/2015/10/triggering-jenkins-builds-by-url/ gives a good example on how to achieve this.

To start the Jenkins job, include the trigger URL in a step action of your test case. Klaros will detect that the URL is present and render it as a clickable link. Your tester will click the link and start the test job. Once finished the results will appear in Klaros.

Using Jenkins here is of course only one way to achieve this. You may also use other ways to get a clickable URL (good old cgi-bin comes to mind), yet the basic idea stays the same.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can add to this, I am happy to help you get started.

Torsten
Davide Bracali Cioci, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

RE: run automated test and import results

Youngling Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 08.01.20 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Torsten,
 thank you very much for the fast answer. Your suggestion is very helpful: we are going to try the secondo solution with cgi-bin as a first step since we are not using Jenkins for CI/CD. I will let you know if everything will be smooth. Thank you again.