Backup and restore project

shashank rb, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Backup and restore project

Youngling Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 17.01.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have installed Klaros 3.6.9 on my system and i have done all the steps like writing test cases and so on then i took the backup of the project.
Is it possible to restore the same project in another system which is installed newly?
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Backup and restore project

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello shashank,

There are two approaches you may take for changing your installation system:

Method: 1: File Transfer

• Install Klaros-Testmanagement 3.6.9 (Windows Download / Linux Download) on your target system
  • Transfer the content of your <user_home>/.klaros folder to the home directory of the user on your target system.
  • In case you have changed the database settings you might also need to transfer the database to another system

Method: 2: Using XML Backup/Restore

• Before attempting this path you should strongly consider upgrading to version 3.7.3 as we have extended the backup format in 3.7 to include more information in the backup. It is good practice to have a backup of your .klaros folder at hand before upgrading.
  • Export your project to XML on your source system and import it on your freshly installed target system. It is mandatory to use the same version of Klaros-Testmanagement for the export and import procedure.
  • The XML backup does not include binary attachments of your test cases or test results, if you need those as well you have to manually transfer the .klaros/repository folder

Personally I would recommend using method 1 here as it is faster and more reliable. In any case please consider updating to version 3.7.3, which contains a lot of bug fixes and improvements and is typically much faster than version 3.6.9.

Hope this helps,

Torsten