Duplicate/delete selected test cases.

Panda Kay, modified 12 Years ago.

Duplicate/delete selected test cases.

Youngling Posts: 24 Join Date: 11/2/11 Recent Posts
A minor detail. No bug. Just a description of a user error that can be avoided. ;o)

When duplicating test cases, the boxes next to the original test cases are still set. If the next step is deletion, and the number of test cases to delete can be high, and it can be easy to miss that the original test cases are included in the deletion batch.

I made this mistake myself, and will do so only once, and luckily I have a recent backup from which I can copy the test cases from manually, no crisis for me in other words, but it made me think that it would be an idea to uncheck the original test cases after copying test cases.

There are probably reasons to keep them checked, and all measures have been made to make it possible for the user to discover this. Although, I thought I should share my experience, at least...
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Duplicate/delete selected test cases.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi again! emoticon

This behavior really is a matter of preference. In some places it makes sense to keep items selected after a bulk action, and in the interest of a unified user interface, we have chosen to leave them selected until deleted or deselected.

You can see that something is selected if the bulk action buttons are not greyed out, and deselecting all items is just a matter of clicking the "select all" button twice.

Thanks as always for your input!
Panda Kay, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Duplicate/delete selected test cases.

Youngling Posts: 24 Join Date: 11/2/11 Recent Posts
Yes, a matter of preference, I agree. I just wanted to share my "stupid user error that I will only do once" input. *giggles*