Enterprise Edition v3.4.6 - Category

Panda Kay, modified 12 Years ago.

Enterprise Edition v3.4.6 - Category

Youngling Posts: 24 Join Date: 11/2/11 Recent Posts
I am currently testing EE 3.4.6 and have tested categorizing test cases.

I came upon some problems when I tried out stuff I expected to be possible.

The problems I came upon were as follows:
(1) Once a test case was categorized, I couldn't remove it from the category,
(2) I couldn't filter the test cases based on the category when I was sorting test cases for test suites.

Can someone please explain how I can do this, or simply explain the benefits of the possibility of categorizing test cases/suites etc. if we cannot use it beyond the page where they are categorized?

Thanks. emoticon
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Enterprise Edition v3.4.6 - Category

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
(1) Once a test case was categorized, I couldn't remove it from the category

Once a category tree is created, all not-assigned objects/test cases are automatically assigned to the root category of this tree, which is the default for all newly created objects as well. So for unassigning you may simply move this test case to the root category. By design all category trees will contain all objects at any time.

(2) I couldn't filter the test cases based on the category when I was sorting test cases for test suites.

This would make perfect sense but is currently not yet implemented, assuming you are talking about the test suite detail page. Yet what you can currently do is showing all test cases of a category (which you may filter/sort according to you preference) and bulk create a test suite from it. Nonetheless, I have opened the improvement request KLAROS-1427 for this.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
Panda Kay, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Enterprise Edition v3.4.6 - Category

Youngling Posts: 24 Join Date: 11/2/11 Recent Posts
Great! Absolutely. Thank you. emoticon