Klaros v3.4.4 XML import error.

Sebastian Wendel, modified 12 Years ago.

Klaros v3.4.4 XML import error.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/29/11 Recent Posts
Hi all,

i tried to upgrade Klaros to the latest stable Version 3.4.4 by doing:

* xml export
* install the new binaries
* changing the dbms from derby to postgresql
* xml import

Everiting is working well exept the xml import!

When i list the tabels in postgresql it looks like dbinit was successfully, but if i trie to import the xml export i got an exception i attachet and cannot import completely!

Components are:
* old Klaros Version 3.3.2 - Build 967
* new Klaros Version 3.4.4 - Build 1173
* Suse Linux Enterprise 11 2.6.27.54-0.2-default x86_64
* PostgreSQL-Server Version 9.0.4-54 x86_64

It would be nice if you can give some support or a recommendation what i can do to get the import working.

Regards,
Sebastian Wendel
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Klaros v3.4.4 XML import error.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Sebastian,

you are most probably suffering from KLAROS-1378 (Error importing test suite results), which is already fixed towards Klaros-Testmanagement 3.4.5. We are going to release 3.4.5 later this week.

On a general note: export files are currently not guaranteed to work with later versions, so you should rely on database backup tools for backup/restore of your database (file copy of the klarosDerby folder is enough in case of derby). So do an database backup first, then do an upgrade to your target version, then do the export.

Please note that the XML import/export feature is currently limited in it's functionality, as it may not cover all contained references (e.g. user accounts).

Hope this helps,

Torsten

P.S.: If you like, please send us your export file for verification to support@verit.de.

Hi Torsten,

after you mentioned the the fix in the next release i updated my setup to the latest stable Version 3.4.5, but the issue is still the same and i can´t import my xml dump.

So, you prefer a generic sql dump for exporting the project data, can you plaese give me instructions how i can export the derby database to a plain text file. I found serveral ways to do that, im not not so familiar with derby and i got that you not delivering the derby toolchain with your klaros binaries, so maybe you use another way for doing that.

I also talkt to my people about sending you our xml project export, but thare is so much sensetive data in it that would like to see it anonymized. do you may alredy have some scripts for anonymizing that exports?

Regards,
Sebastian.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

Hi Sebastian,

after you mentioned the the fix in the next release i updated my setup to the latest stable Version 3.4.5, but the issue is still the same and i can´t import my xml dump.

Can you please supply a log file so we may have a look at this? I asume you did the export using version 3.4.5?

So, you prefer a generic sql dump for exporting the project data, can you plaese give me instructions how i can export the derby database to a plain text file. I found serveral ways to do that, im not not so familiar with derby and i got that you not delivering the derby toolchain with your klaros binaries, so maybe you use another way for doing that.

Have a look at SquirrelSQL (http://www.squirrelsql.org/) from what I read this might be the tool you are looking for. If this is of interest to you, we also offer (paid) support for this task.

I also talkt to my people about sending you our xml project export, but thare is so much sensetive data in it that would like to see it anonymized. do you may alredy have some scripts for anonymizing that exports?

I would really like to see this issue fixed, so it would be of value for us if we can get our hands on a failing dump. We see if we can dig up some XSLT Transformation script to handle this, as this might be handy for other occasions as well. Might take some days though.

Hope this helps,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

i used SquirrelSQL and the only way i found was using a stored procedure to backup the database, but it's the same structure than in the filesystem and not ansql dump.

Doyou have some more instructions?

Thanks and greetings,
Sebastian
thumbnail

Hi Sebastian,

this is actually quite simple and well explained in the Squirrel documentation:

1. Be sure to include the DBCopy plugin upon the installation of SquirrelSQL, as well as the matching database drivers (Derby and target database) from your Klaros distribution (located in <install_dir>/webapps/klaros-web/WEB-INF/lib)
2. Install the driver jars for your databases (using Modify Drivers)
3. Create Aliases for your Databases
4. Change the Global settings for the DBCopy plugin as shown below (disable 'Check Column names in copied tables').
5. Navigate to your source database and select 'Copy Tables' as shown below
6. Paste tables to your target database using 'Paste Tables'

That should do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail

Sebastian, can you please apply the attached XSL stylesheet (please remove the .txt extension) to the dump file and send the result to support@verit.de? It should blank out all sensitive data (text). As with all other information we get from our users this will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks ahead for your support.

Regards,

Torsten