3.4.3 : where to put my own Test Result?

Charles So, modified 12 Years ago.

3.4.3 : where to put my own Test Result?

Youngling Posts: 11 Join Date: 4/23/11 Recent Posts
I am continuing the evaluation on Klaros.

We are not using Klaros to execute automatic tests; we handle it manually.

It seems that there is no place to record down our own test results.

Please advise.

Charles
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: 3.4.3 : where to put my own Test Result? (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Welcome back Charles,

you can execute manual tests in the execute section (see Chapter: Execute in the manual) which will automatically record your test results.

Tests will be marked as executable (blue icon) there if they are defined as type manual, are containing at least one test step and at least one test environment and system under test is defined in the selected project.

Pressing the Execute button will open a seperate browser window, so please make sure that your browser is not blocking that function.

Hope this helps. Then again I am not sure I fully got your question so please follow up if I misunderstood you here.

Regards,

Torsten

RE: 3.4.3 : where to put my own Test Result?

Torsten Stolpmann:
Welcome back Charles,

you can execute manual tests in the execute section (see Chapter: Execute in the manual) which will automatically record your test results.

Tests will be marked as executable (blue icon) there if they are defined as type manual, are containing at least one test step and at least one test environment and system under test is defined in the selected project.

Pressing the Execute button will open a seperate browser window, so please make sure that your browser is not blocking that function.

Hope this helps. Then again I am not sure I fully got your question so please follow up if I misunderstood you here.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten

I should be clearer in the previous question.

We use an external tool to perform the testing. So at this stage we aim to use Klaros as a tool for us to file the test results.

So, where should we write the test result?

Thanks!
Charles
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 12 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Charles,

setting a test to manual in Klaros means that results will be gathered using the Klaros test runner, which displays the steps to take and allows each step to be assigned a result and comment.

If the testing is done with an external tool, the test case should be set to Automatic, and results added to Klaros using the Import Test Results page in the Execute section. A description of the process and a list of compatible formats can be found in our documentation at http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Execute.ImportResults.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick Reilly:
Hi Charles,

setting a test to manual in Klaros means that results will be gathered using the Klaros test runner, which displays the steps to take and allows each step to be assigned a result and comment.

If the testing is done with an external tool, the test case should be set to Automatic, and results added to Klaros using the Import Test Results page in the Execute section. A description of the process and a list of compatible formats can be found in our documentation at http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Execute.ImportResults.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick

Thanks Patrick.

We are obviously at a much more primitive level. emoticon