3.3.2 to 3.4.3?

Charles So, modified 12 Years ago.

3.3.2 to 3.4.3?

Youngling Posts: 11 Join Date: 4/23/11 Recent Posts
Hello,

It is time to upgrade.

The doc does not seem to cover the upgrade from 3.3.x to 3.4.x
http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation-Process.Main.Run-Klaros.UpdateProcess.html

Would you kindly confirm the database schema is the same for both versions?

Also, the installation directory has changed... I'm running Klaros-Testmanagement on OS X. If I specify the 3.3.2 directory when installing 3.4.3, it says this cannot be done.

What's the upgrade procedure?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: 3.3.2 to 3.4.3?

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Charles,

I can confirm that the database schema is the same, so no additional actions are necessary when upgrading Klaros-Testmanagement from 3.3.2 to 3.4.3.

The standard upgrade procedure is installing Klaros-Testmanagement to the old installation directory. Usually no further actions are required. We will try to reproduce this behavior on our test system.

What is the error message you get from the Klaros installer?

Regards,
Tobias Schmitt
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 12 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hello Charles,

We could reproduce this problem using the graphical installer (producing the error:"This directory can not be written! Please choose another directory!").

Running the installer from the command line as root or using sudo avoids this error and completes the install correctly on our test system:

sudo java -jar Klaros-Setup.jar

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,
Patrick
Charles So, modified 12 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 11 Join Date: 4/23/11 Recent Posts
Patrick,

Thanks for the info!

It is much help.

I spent some time to re-install the whole thing, so I'll note your "sudo" command in the next upgrade.

Thanks!
Charles
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: 3.3.2 to 3.4.3? (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Charles,

starting with an upcoming version 3.5.0 the sudo solution will no longer be necessary for fresh installations in MacOS, but you might need to change file ownerships from root to your account for your existing installation if you want to upgrade successfully at that point. Previous installers were behaving wrong in the point that they were asking for and using root privileges were this wasn't needed.

So in a nutshell: MacOS installs should finally work out of the box starting with version 3.5.0. Please note that we still not support this platform officially.

Thanks a lot for your feedback which helped us making progress here!

Regards,

Torsten