Automatic testing

Vincent Daanen, modified 12 Years ago.

Automatic testing

Youngling Post: 1 Join Date: 5/23/11 Recent Posts
Hello,

I have a question about KLAROS : is it possible to execute test case automatically ? I mean : execute a binary or script, get the test result as a return code and set test result ?

I tried using "auto" test case and attaching a simple .bat file but I can't execute this autimatic test case and finally, I'm afraid I misunderstand the 'automatic' test case.

Can some confirm it is possible to use binary and/or script in attachment of "auto" test case.

Thanks

Vincent
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Automatic testing (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Vincent,

Klaros allows you to import test result files from external test executions into Klaros, but currently does not allow to trigger those executions.

For this two different interfaces are available:

1. To manually upload result files you may do so by going to Execute / Import Test Results and upload them directly.
2. As the more common case the direct upload of test results from fully automated executions is supported as well.

For this a simple REST-based web interface exists which is also used in the Jenkins/Hudson integration to automatically transfer test results from the continuous integration server to Klaros. If you are into scripting you can simply setup a simple curl or wget command line call to trigger the import.

The list of currently supported input formats can be found here: http://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Execute.ImportResults.html

Please drop us a note if you need more information or the current implementation does not cover your current requirements.

Regards,

Torsten