Installation problem with step 9

thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 12 Years ago.

Installation problem with step 9

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
In response to community member Deborah Daniela Hövermann in this thread. (translated from german)

Hello,

I looked at the online demo of Klaros Testmanagement and wanted to install it locally and test it intensively. I could solve my problem with the JAVA_HOME variable thanks to the forum posts, but now I'm stuck on the next step.

I reach Step 9 "Setup Shortcuts" and click on Next, then the installation hangs and doesn't procede any further. What could cause this? I don't get any shortcutsand after confirmation the next step is creation of a user, which is also missing.

System information:
Windows XP Home SP3
Java jdk1.6.0_25

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

We are able to reproduce the problem and are working on a solution. An issue has been created for it in our tracker (KLAROS-1304: Installation process stops on step 9). In the mean time, the problem can be worked around.

The Klaros installation process does complete correctly, but no shortcuts are set. Klaros can be started by hand, however.
You can do this by running the file "startup.bat" in the "bin" folder of the installation directory. After the startup completes, Klaros can be used by navigating to http://localhost:8080/klaros-web with a web browser.

To shut down Klaros-testmanagement, just run the "shutdown.bat" file in the same folder.

The standard installation path on windows xp is "C:\Program Files\Klaros-Testmanagement\bin"

Regards,
Patrick Reilly
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 12 Years ago.

RE: Installation problem with step 9

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Deborah,

today we released version 3.4.1 of Klaros-Testmanagement. The installation problem should be solved now.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Tobias Schmitt