Full backup

Nicolas Plessis, modified 13 Years ago.

Full backup

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 3/1/11 Recent Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to automate a full backup of klaros, the export in xml isn't really an option in my case emoticon
For information, i use a ubuntu 10.04 / postgres setup.

Data:
- dump postgres db: pg_dump klaros > /tmp/klaros-backup.sql
- Attachements are in: /opt/klaros-testmanagement/webapps/*
- Properties: /root/.klaros

Optional:
- Conf: /opt/klaros-testmanagement (optional cause it's more easy to reinstall the core from scratch and then import backups)

If you can confirm that my backup logic makes sense emoticon

By the way, why attachement are in the webapps folder instead of data in ~/.klaros/ ?

Thank you.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Full backup

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nicolas,

Data:
- dump postgres db: pg_dump klaros > /tmp/klaros-backup.sql
- Attachements are in: /opt/klaros-testmanagement/webapps/*
- Properties: /root/.klaros

This is almost correct.

For a full backup you would need to dump your database (as shown above) and include the filesystem under /home/<klarosUserAccount>/.klaros which contains your settings *and* the attachment repository. If you use Derby as a database this folder would also include the database.

The attachment files you see in your webapps folder are temporary files which sometimes do not get deleted due to locking issues in the UI framework we are using. This is confusing and we are still investigating the reasons.
From Klaros Version 3.3 upward these temporary upload files will be created in the /tmp folder instead, so leftover files should no longer be an issue there.

There is no reason to backup the /opt/klaros-testmanagement folder as it contains only distribution or temporary files.

Otherwise the backup solution you propose is the correct way to do this and is the recommended preparation in case of an application update.

Hope this helps.

Torsten
Nicolas Plessis, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: Full backup

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 3/1/11 Recent Posts
Perfect, thank you Torsten !