lost my database

Jamie Gagnon, modified 13 Years ago.

lost my database

Padawan Posts: 46 Join Date: 8/27/10 Recent Posts
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone can help me. I had to shut down the apache service on my server and now I cannot get Klaros to pickup my database. It treats the log in as if it is barnad new installation.

As I have not beenusing Klaros for a long period I stuck with the Derby database. My last backup was at the end of December so it miosses few pieces.

I am pretty sure the base is still in there somewhere but I cant get Klaros to find it.

Anyone able to advise me what to do?
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: lost my database

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Jamie,

if you are using derby, the database files will be stored in the folder <user_home>/.klaros/klarosDerby where user_home is probably something in the line of C:\Documents and Settings\<loginname>

If you were running klaros as a service the location depends on the user account running the service.
Did you use your account to run the service? If not, the .klaros folder is probably located in the home of the system account on your filesystem, probably somewhere in the Windows folder.

Hope this helps,

Torsten

P.S.: Please do *not* use Derby for any production data. We strongly recommend using PostgreSQL or MySQL with InnoDB.

Thanks Torsten.

I guess since I ran it then the service in my aname. I found the directory with the database but have no clue hoe to get it to load up.

When the service was stopped, it was stopped by another user. we thought he might need to restart it but that did nothin.g

I am going to look into the postgres path soon. at present there is no production data in the derby database. tests are very high level.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
If you copy the complete .klaros folder to your user home your Klaros-Installation should pick up the datebase contained therein.
Be sure to move previous content to a backup folder just in case.

Regards,

Torsten

Thanks for the advice.

All is back to normal. Going to go look at the postgres side of things now.