AssertionFailedException when trying to create JIRA bug

Thomas Reimer, modified 13 Years ago.

AssertionFailedException when trying to create JIRA bug

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 11/11/10 Recent Posts
Hello,

first of all: Thank you for the very nice test management system Klaros. That exactly what I was looking for. Except one thing everything works fine:

Using Klaros 3.2.1 I get an exception everytime I try to create a JIRA issue after executing a test case:

"Der Issue konnte nicht gespeichert werden.: org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:"

As I realized this exception occures when there is no version specified in the referred JIRA project (only the default "unspecified" version is selected in that case). Linking the issue to a specified version (e.g. 1.0) the creation works properly. Is it really neccessary to define version in every JIRA project to link issues by Klaros? In my oppinion issue linking should also be possible if there is only the "unspecified" one existing.

I also get this exception when no component in the list is selected. In that case it would be nice if an error message could be displayed saying that a component has to be selected rather then getting the exception.

Regards,
Thomas
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: AssertionFailedException when trying to create JIRA bug

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Thomas,

first of all: Thank you for the very nice test management system Klaros. That exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for your kind words!

As I realized this exception occures when there is no version specified in the referred JIRA project (only the default "unspecified" version is selected in that case). Linking the issue to a specified version (e.g. 1.0) the creation works properly. Is it really neccessary to define version in every JIRA project to link issues by Klaros?

This is a bug (tracked as KLAROS-1060 - AssertionFailedException when trying to create JIRA issue with unselected Jira version/component field). The fix is scheduled for the next maintanance release (3.2.2).

Thanks for spotting and reporting this!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

RE: AssertionFailedException when trying to create JIRA bug

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Thomas,

your Jira installation seem to be customized to set the version attribute as mandatory. This information is not available via the remote API Jira currently offers, so we are unable to flag it as mandatory in the UI.

Nonetheless we changed the behavior in 3.2.2 to a give a precise error message in that case.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Torsten