[Again] Hudson :-)

Michaël Erni, modified 10 Years ago.

[Again] Hudson :-)

Youngling Posts: 18 Join Date: 6/28/10 Recent Posts
Hi!
New problem with Hudson importation....
Hudson give me this message:

Export of TEST-file-868110337.xml failed - Response status code: 500 for request URL: http://172.20.0.25/seam/resource/rest/importer?config=P00001&env=ENV00001&sut=SUT00001&type=junit&username=hudson&password=******
Reason: Import action failed due to unexpected exception: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot release connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Already closed.; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Already closed.

This is a "Random" error.
Meens, I've this message, for exemple, on Monday but it's work perfrectly the next day...

Best,
Mike
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: [Again] Hudson :-)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Mike,

my bet is that you are suffering from MySQL server timeouts. Let me sort out the details, since I remember answering that in the past elsewhere.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: [Again] Hudson :-)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
So here we are:

On Monday your log should contain entries like the following:

09:50:45,344 ERROR JDBCTransaction:95 - JDBC begin failed
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was58429 seconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 58429 seconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

If this is the case, then this is your solution:

Per default MySQL is closing your open server side connections after 8 hours. These connections will become stale on the client (Klaros) and lead to above error messages.

As a solution we recommend that you configure a bigger timeout in your MySQL Server instance (/etc/mysql.ini) like shown in the attached screenshot. The value shown amounts to 7 days. You have to restart mysql and Klaros afterwards.