minor: ITM timout too long

Markus Krieg, modified 10 Years ago.

minor: ITM timout too long

Padawan Posts: 34 Join Date: 8/23/10 Recent Posts
when creating an issue our ITM server was down. it took quite a while for Klaros to come back from trying to reach the server.

maybe you could give up earlier and give feedback to the user?
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: minor: ITM timout too long

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

we will investigate what we can do to shorten the timeouts for the issue manament systems. I created the improvement KLAROS-948 to track this issue.

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt

Hi Tobias,

this can also happen when you do this:

* create issues with IMS A
* remove IMS A from the project
* remove IMS A from Klaros
* view issues from test case that were created in IMS A

-> several minutes timeout and errors "unable to log this status message to the database: server could not be reached..."
-> than I get the option to log in to the server or skip the server ;-)
-> then I check Skip and it takes another while
-> finale the screen shows up without error but with no issue table (the status shows about 10 connection errors)
-> but: now all my issue status screens are emtpy, even if test cases only contain issues from IMS B!

gruss,
Markus
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

The problem with the empty table is a known and already fixed bug (KLAROS-952 - The "Issues by Test Case" page ignores the type instead of the IMS itself). So if you ignored one server, Klaros ignored all servers with this type (e.g. Jira).

At the moment we are improving the whole issue handling. In future versions it will be possible to remove issues from test cases, link existing issues to test cases and create issues from klaros without executing a test case or test suite.

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt

Hi Tobias,

excellent news!

all these are critical featrures for us to use Klaros. ideally, we could use our existing Create Issue form right within Jira when creating new issues during test runs and / or use the add existing issue ID feature.

gruss,
Markus