Create Issue feedback

Markus Krieg, modified 10 Years ago.

Create Issue feedback

Padawan Posts: 34 Join Date: 8/23/10 Recent Posts
when creating issues after a test run, there is not feedback in case that the issue could not be saved. in my case there were more required fields in the Jira create issue screen of my test project than are shown in Klaros.

the user does not know if the issue was saved, if there were fields missing etc. there is also no message in the log of the main windows although the level is set to "Debug". [Edit: the status is there but only after I triggered a refresh by selecting another tab in the main window!]

note: actually, I can only find details in the Tomcat console! where in the log files can I find the errors?

looks like the IssueManagementException contains all the right info:

"Environment is required. Component is required."
thumbnail
Tobias Schmitt, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Create Issue feedback

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

there is an already resolved issue for this problem (KLAROS-933: Missing feedback if the connection to the issue management system fails on the runner overview page). Now the page to create an issue has its own message panel (like the main pages), so we are able to show every error that occurs while creating an issue.

Depending on your operation system you should find all error messages in the "catalina.out" in the "logs" folder of your klaros installation.

Regards,

Tobias Schmitt

Hi Tobias,

great, that sounds like the right solution!

strange! here on Windows, the catalina.*.log in the logs folder contains only very little detail. maybe I need to configure a log4j. properties file?

gruss,
Markus
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

it is a known behavior of tomcat under windows, that it does not capture stderr and stdout to the catalina.out log file if you have a command-window open. This changes when you run it as a service, where a stdout.log file should be created.

HTH,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

thanks, great tip! I will move to service mode pretty soon then. actually, how does this work for Klaros? I cannot see a service.bat file in the bin folder. also could not find this in the help.

for now it is also a good debugging tool to have the Tomcat console in the background and set the buffer size really high ;-)

gruss,
Markus
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

Hi Markus,

I cannot see a service.bat file in the bin folder. also could not find this in the help.

We currently only distribute the OS-agnostic distribution of tomcat. I raised the enhancement request (KLAROS-949-Distribute a Windows specific Tomcat installation in the Windows Klaros-Setup.exe) to remedy this.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 13 Years ago.

The enhancement request KLAROS-949 has been implemented now and will be available with the Klaros-Testmanagement 3.1 release.