Bug? Defined Testsuites, SUT, Environments disappear from the lists!

Robert Gröber, modified 10 Years ago.

Bug? Defined Testsuites, SUT, Environments disappear from the lists!

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 5/21/10 Recent Posts
Hello

after installling the new Klaros 3.0.1 today, I've started to enter some Projects, Testsuites, SUT, Environments, but no Testcases.

Some time later, after a relogin (btw why is the session time out not configurable?!) I can't find any of my defined Testsuites, SUT or Environments!
SUT's and Environments reappear in thair lists when I hit the New Button. Thats strange!

But worst comes now:
I didn't get my Testsuites back! I've created a new one and also assigned Testcases this time. This new Testcase got the TC00001 ID which should already be assigned! And I'm right, when I backup my Projects, The TC00001 ID occoures twice!
In my oppinion, IDs must be unique anytime!

I can send you a copy of the xml file by mail if you want me to.

thanks
Robert
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Bug? Defined Testsuites, SUT, Environments disappear from the lists!

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Robert,

thanks for your feedback.

after installling the new Klaros 3.0.1 today, I've started to enter some Projects, Testsuites, SUT, Environments, but no Testcases.

I assume you started a fresh installation and did not migrate a previous database?

Some time later, after a relogin (btw why is the session time out not configurable?!) I can't find any of my defined Testsuites, SUT or Environments!

The session timeout is configurable as an administrator when unchecking the Configure / System Parameters / General Settings / Use the default container session timeout checkmark.

Testsuites, SUTs and Environments are bound to their projects and only visible, when the corresponding project is active. I assume you did not change the current project?

SUT's and Environments reappear in thair lists when I hit the New Button. Thats strange!

I cannot think of any reason for such behavior and would like to have a look at your database. If you have not configured a different database yet, can you please zip up the .klaros folder in your home directory and send it to support@verit.de? Also the log files in the logs folder of your Klaros-Testmanagement folder would be interesting.

But worst comes now:
I didn't get my Testsuites back! I've created a new one and also assigned Testcases this time. This new Testcase got the TC00001 ID which should already be assigned! And I'm right, when I backup my Projects, The TC00001 ID occoures twice!
In my oppinion, IDs must be unique anytime!

Did you create a new revision of this test case? Please note that it is possible to assign any revision of a test case to a test suite, so all revisions of a test case would be listed in the Maintain Test Suite page. Only the combination of ID and Revision is unique here.

Regards,

Torsten

1st thank you for your quick reply.
I've found the option for session time out.
I've restarted klaros as new user, so it will start up clean. I will let you know about my experiences ;-)

thanks
Robert

Ok, so it would be possible to create each Testsuite-, SUT- and Environment-ID in each Project?
I thought ID's must be unique system wide?

There are defnitly problems switching between projects, please recheck that. If I do a relogin before switsching, it seems to be correct.

thanks
Robert
thumbnail

Hi Robert,

Ok, so it would be possible to create each Testsuite-, SUT- and Environment-ID in each Project?
I thought ID's must be unique system wide?

Yes it is possible to do so. The id you see is uniquely generated for the given project and object type. Internally all objects have a globally unique id but those are hidden from the user.

There are definitly problems switching between projects, please recheck that. If I do a relogin before switching, it seems to be correct.

I was able to reproduce it - this is indeed a regression from 2.6.2. I opened KLAROS-906 (Data tables are not properly reset when switching between projects) scheduled for the next Hotfix-Release 3.0.2.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi Robert,

Klaros-Testmanagement 3.0.2 has just been released, which fixes that problem.

Regards,

Torsten