Test Case ID during Excel Import

Matthias Koch, modified 3 Years ago.

Test Case ID during Excel Import

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 11/30/20 Recent Posts
When importing from Excel, is it possible to use the TC-ID used in Excel also in Klaros?

We are currently trying to create a larger number of test cases using Excel. Since this is a larger project, we would like to group the test cases with the ID so that we can assign them more easily.
Unfortunately the import does not use the ID entered in Excel, but an automatically generated ID is set.

Is there a possibility to set or change the TC-ID directly by a parameter of the import command (REST API)?

Regards

Original post:

Ist es möglich bei einem Import aus Excel die dort verwendete TC-ID auch in Klaros zu verwenden?

Wir versuchen derzeit eine grössere Zahl von Testfällen per Excel zu erstellen. Da es sich um ein grösseres Projekt handelt, würden wir die Testcases gerne mit der ID gruppieren, so dass wir diese einfacher zuordnen können. 
Leider wird beim importieren nicht die in Excel eingetragene ID übernommen, sondern es wird eine automatisch generierte ID gesetzt.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit die TC-ID direkt durch einen Paramter des Import-Befehls zu setzen oder nachträglich zu verändern (REST API)?

Freundliche Grüsse
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Test Case ID bei Excel Import (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Matthias,

unfortunately that is not possible.

The test case ID is always assigned by the system and is immutable.
This ensures that it is always unique and sorted by creation date.

If you need to add an id carrying semantic information, maybe the tracability field is working for you?

Regards,

Torsten

P.S.: Since we like to keep postings here readable for everybody, I added my answer this in English and added a translation of you original post.
Matthias Koch, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Test Case ID bei Excel Import

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 11/30/20 Recent Posts
Hi Torsten,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. I'll have a look to the tracacility field as you suggested, maybe it will help us to manage all the cases.

Sorry for the german in my initial posting. I totaly agree that writing in English will help everybody to understand what has been asked.

Regards,
Matthias