Test result visualization in Jira

Ed Helbrough, modified 7 Years ago.

Test result visualization in Jira

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/28/15 Recent Posts
Hi Guys,

Are there any future plans to show test results inside Jira (cloud) issues? At present we add a custom field to the Jira issue and paste in the Test Run result URL from Klaros. See screen shot attached.
It would be a really nice feature to be able to link a test case to an issue and it's last run result status is sync'd and displayed under the "Issue links" perhaps. 

Many thanks

Ed
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Test result visualization in Jira

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Ed,

that's a neat idea! The functionality you're describing would require (at least) the following changes:

- Add a non-user-editable field to issues created in Klaros-Testmanagement, that holds the latest test case result verdict of the test case it is currently linked to.

- Update this field everytime a new test case result has been created.

- Synchronize the issue with the remote JIRA system as soon as a new test case result is present.

As of now, this feature isn't on our schedule, but if it is a crucial feature for you then we could also make you an offer for implementing it in the short to medium term.

Best regards,
Fabian
Ed Helbrough, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Test result visualization in Jira

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/28/15 Recent Posts
Great! thanks Fabian. 

I'd be interested in a qoute for implementing. Do you have a work request form of sorts that I could submit to provide you with more detail on this?
Was thinking I'd give you a full requirement for you to review and then come back with the "Will consider" & "Won't Consider" quote.

Many thanks

Ed

thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Test result visualization in Jira (Answer)

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Ed,

This is great to hear. I would suggest that we continue this discussion via e-mail instead of on the message boards, so expect to receive a mail in your inbox from sales(at)verit.de soon. 

I will gladly hand this request over to one of my coworkers from management/planning, who will discuss everything with you in the coming days. 

Regards,
Fabian