CPU and Memory Requirements

AnneMarie Charrett, modified 10 Years ago.

CPU and Memory Requirements

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/19/10 Recent Posts
My service provider wants to know what the memory and CPU requirements are for the test management tool before they are willing to let me host it on my site.

Its the linux package that I'm interested in.

Many thanks

Anne-Marie
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: CPU and Memory Requirements

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Anne-Marie,

Klaros Testmanagement itself will require at least 512MB of memory, the more the merrier. You can configure the memory settings at installation time as shown here.

Please note that it is strongly recommended to use a database system like MySQL or PostgreSQL to store your data as shown in the manual here. So you would need additional
memory for the database processes as well. Please consult the manual of you database vendor for the specific requirements, database
performance will largely be influenced by the amount of available memory.

As a recommendation I would suggest reserving 1 GB of physical memory for Klaros and database for a start.

The CPU-Requirements will largely depend on the number of concurrent users and the usage pattern, as a rule of thumb a modern
Dual-Core CPU of approx. 2.5 GHz should be sufficient for a 5-10 member team.

Thanks for your questions we will add this to the documentation and FAQ.

Regards,

Torsten
AnneMarie Charrett, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/19/10 Recent Posts
Torsten Stolpmann:

Klaros Testmanagement itself will require at least 512MB of memory, the more the merrier. You can configure the memory settings at installation time as shown here.

Please note that it is strongly recommended to use a database system like MySQL or PostgreSQL to store your data as shown in the manual here. So you would need additional
memory for the database processes as well. Please consult the manual of you database vendor for the specific requirements, database
performance will largely be influenced by the amount of available memory.

As a recommendation I would suggest reserving 1 GB of physical memory for Klaros and database for a start.

The CPU-Requirements will largely depend on the number of concurrent users and the usage pattern, as a rule of thumb a modern
Dual-Core CPU of approx. 2.5 GHz should be sufficient for a 5-10 member team.

I'm having problems getting this hosted on my shared hosting site mostly due to the large CPU requirements (!), even some of the VPS packages don't support this speed.

Do you have a package that installs on a shared site (i.e that does not require root access?) Or, can you recommend an alternative setup for me? I am a very small consultancy that runs projects in series (e.g one project after another). The maximum number of // users would be 3 and even then this would rarely be simultaneously.

I like the look of Klaros and it would integrate with my redmine bug tracking system at Http://bugs.testingtimes.ie
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi AnneMarie,

AnneMarie Charrett:

I'm having problems getting this hosted on my shared hosting site mostly due to the large CPU requirements (!), even some of the VPS packages don't support this speed.

Please note that the CPU requirements above are for a larger team and as being the recommended ones, they give some leeway for peak situations. For a limited use scenario Klaros is running fine on older single core Pentium 4 systems here over here.

AnneMarie Charrett:

Do you have a package that installs on a shared site (i.e that does not require root access?) Or, can you recommend an alternative setup for me? I am a very small consultancy that runs projects in series (e.g one project after another). The maximum number of // users would be 3 and even then this would rarely be simultaneously.

I like the look of Klaros and it would integrate with my redmine bug tracking system at Http://bugs.testingtimes.ie

The current distributions do not require root access as long as you keep the HTTP Port for Klaros above port 1024.

Regards,

Torsten