Unable to Run Single Case or Run Test Plan

Patricio Aguilera, modified 10 Years ago.

Unable to Run Single Case or Run Test Plan

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 2/8/10 Recent Posts
Hello,

I am having a look at the 2.4.4 Community version and am trying to execute test cases.

When I select Run Single Test Case or Run Test Plan and choose an action, I get a blank pop up window. It shows where an image or object should be, but there is nothing selectable there.

I am running this on Win2K8.

I have attached the Tomcat log and screen shots.

-Thank you-

Patricio
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Unable to Run Single Case or Run Test Plan

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Patricio,

thanks for reporting your problem, it seems you are missing the Adobe Flashplayer plugin in your browser, could you please check if you have it installed?

Regards,

Torsten

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hi Patricio,

thanks for reporting your problem, it seems you are missing the Adobe Flashplayer plugin in your browser, could you please check if you have it installed?

Regards,

Torsten

Hello Torsten,

I did not have the Flashplayer plugin installed on the system. Earlier today, it had been a clean install. I installed it and the window displayed the steps as I had hoped it would. Thank you for the pointer. Do you know if that will be noted in the documentation as a requirement for the program?
thumbnail

RE: Unable to Run Single Case or Run Test Plan (Answer)

Patricio Aguilera:
Do you know if that will be noted in the documentation as a requirement for the program?

Hi Patricio,

good to hear that this solves your problem. You are right about the lack of documentation for the browser requirements.

Since we will replace the Flash based client with a JSF based solution in the upcoming version 2.5 this requirement will drop anyway, so please excuse that we will not mention it there emoticon

Regards,

Torsten

Hello Torsten,

Heh. That works for me. Thank you for your help.

-Thank you-

Patricio
thumbnail

Hello Patricio,

my pleasure, this FAQ entry will hopefully others with the same problem until 2.5 is released.

Regards,

Torsten