Easy redmine integration

Jens Kosman, modified 8 Years ago.

Easy redmine integration

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 11/1/15 Recent Posts
Hi -

I am a user of easy redmine (www.easyredmine.com). I asked the team over at easy redmine to install the mylyn connector plugin and they are stating that this is not a working plugin.

a) I wanted you to be aware, as there are quite a few redmine users on the easyredmine upgrade, so you may want to be sure your tools work with their software.

b) can you point me to the latest instructions for redmine integration? I upgraded to your 4.3.8 build and I see in the installation notes that you officially support redmine 3.0 which the easy redmine build is based on.

With kind regards,

Jens Kosman
www.leadthree.com
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Easy redmine integration

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Jens,

thanks for the heads-up.

We last checked back with the EasyRedmine team in July 2014 about their compatibility issues with the Mylyn connector plugin (for Redmine Version 2.5.1) and did some integration tests which proved to be not successful at that time. Chances are high that it is still not working with current releases.

Their answer at that time was that they are not actively work on compatibility with 3rd party plugins, which may or may not be still be the case.

It might help, if you as a paying customer again bring this to the attention of the EasyRedmine and Mylyn Connector Team(s), e.g. by raising issues in the corresponding issue trackers.

Just like you, we would like to see this situation changed, but it is really up to the Redmine community to resolve their compatibility issues.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten -

Thank you for the quick response. I will try to engage those two parties and see if I can get the fix implemented (or just do the fix myself). Would you mind sending me reference to the latest instructions for getting Klaros to integrate with redmine 3.x? I want to be sure I have the correct starting point.

When I get it working with easyredmine, will post back here for others in the community.

Appreciated.
Jens
thumbnail

RE: Easy redmine integration (Answer)

Hi Jens,

thank you for your offer to help getting this resolved, this is much appreciated.

The section Redmine 3.0 and later in the User Manual contains the latest instructions regarding the plugin installation.

https://github.com/joaopedrotaveira/redmine_mylyn_connector currently contains the working code for Redmine 3.0.0 and up, while http://danmunn.github.io/redmine_mylyn_connector/ is covering the installation notes.

If you attempt to fix this (which would probably help a lot of people out there), the following information might be useful: The consensus at our prior 2.5.1 compatibility tests was that the cause probably is located in the custom field handling with the following log message when trying to use the Mylyn Connector:

Processing by MylynConnector::CustomFieldsController#all as XML
Current user: ...
Hoptoad Success: Net::HTTPOK
Missing template, responding with 404
Completed 404 Not Found in 1331.0ms (ActiveRecord: 0.0ms)

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the instructions or need additional information.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten -

This is great, thanks. Will post back once I have more info.

Jens
thumbnail

Hi Jens,

just to check back - did you receive any additional info on this topic?

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 1 Year ago.

Quick reminder: As of Klaros version 4.12 the native Redmine API is used and the installation of a Redmine plugin is no longer required.