Improvement on testcase and testsuite relationship (bis)

thumbnail
Nicholas Thurel, modified 9 Years ago.

Improvement on testcase and testsuite relationship (bis)

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 6/10/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

I was going to add to another post (Improvement for testcase and testsuite relation) but maybe a new post would be easier to track.

Is it possible to enhance the version management of test cases/test suites (and maybe more) ?

For example, when I need to change a test case due to missing step or evolution of wording, I'll increase the revision of the test case. The problem is that I need to track down all the test suites containing the test case to update them.

I'd like to be able to say "update all test suites containing this test case" or "update a list of test suites containing this test case".

This feature could be presented as a button that opens a popup listing the test suites concerned with check-boxes (check all/none/some). Upon validation the selected test suites will reference the new revision of the test case.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Improvement on testcase and testsuite relationship (bis)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nicholas,

thanks for opening a new thread for this suggestion.

This definitely useful and is indeed an even longer standing improvement request than the one you referenced. We already have this on our backlog as KLAROS-1460.

I gave this a priority raise and we hope to have this available in one of the next maintenance releases for 4.2.

Heads up: As all the other bulk actions we offer this will not be community edition feature.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail
Nicholas Thurel, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Improvement on testcase and testsuite relationship (bis)

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 6/10/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
As I understand, this feature will not be part of the community edition. If so, would it be possible to make the other stated feature (Improvement for testcase and testsuite relation) at minimum part of the community edition?
I believe this would be a minimum to just have the information.

Best regards,

Nick T.