Bug tracker integration

thumbnail
Nicholas Thurel, modified 9 Years ago.

Bug tracker integration

Youngling Posts: 9 Join Date: 6/10/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

I just managed to push Klaros-Testmanagement into my dev team in order to replace an old "home made" tool. If the POC goes well, there is a chance that it gets integrated as the official test management tool for our service but for that I need to be able to provide an interface for the bug tracker.

There are 2 stages in the process here.
Initially my dev team is using BugNet which seems to be similar to Bugzilla. It would be great to get an interface for this.
Moving on to higher levels, the service uses "Serena Team Track" as the standard bug tracker and getting an interface for this would be excellent.

Maybe you have something ready to use or maybe just a few tips & tricks so I can look it up on my side.
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: Bug tracker integration

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Nicholas,

I will have a look at what these issue trackers are providing as integration services.

Can you please specify your exact version of your Serena Product? It seems it is no longer listed on the Serena Homepage.

Will get back to you later.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi,

I just checked and it looks like we are currently using Team Track 6.6.1 (Build 66109).

At this time, my goal is to focus more on BugNet as it's the one currently used on the same project as Klaros.
As you say, Team Track is no longer listed on the Serena website and I believe it will go (or already has gone) out of support. Therefore, it probably will be replaced.

If a full integration is not feasible, is it possible at least to be able to open then bug tracker in a new window? The Klaros admin would just need to set an URL. This solution would allow the user to fill in a text box with the corresponding ticket ID (pure text).
thumbnail

Hi Nicholas,

I had a quick check on BugNet which is sadly missing any kind of remote integration interface which inhibits a full integration as with the other issue trackers we support.

If I get your approach right you are suggesting the following:
  • Admin configures BugNet base URL in Klaros and assigns this to a Klaros project
  • Tester presses Create Issue and a Dialog opens with a link to create an issue in BugNet
  • Tester enters the issue ID of the just created issue in a Dialog input field
  • Klaros stores testcase/issue relation

We consider this approach a feasible solution. Yet you will probably not be able to directly view information on the current issue state with this approach on the issues by test case page but you should at least be able to navigate to the issue page from there.

Does this meet your expectation for an integration?

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi,

Yes, you got it right.
I checked and using an url like this : "http://<bugnet_app>/Issues/IssueDetail.aspx?pid=1" it opens the page to log an issue.

Then maybe it's possible to program 2 links :
  • one to open a new ticket
  • one to access the "open tickets list"

My idea would be to make this a generic case open for any other web-based bug tracker, not just for BugNet.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me at need

Regards,

Nick T.
thumbnail

Hi Nicholas,

I opened an issue to track progress on the implementation under the issue id KLAROS-2375.

For any progress we will need to have reference installation available here which may take some time - this one is quite cumbersome to install.

Regards,

Torsten